-12-

I take a deep breath as my feet detach from the roof of the building. I grip tightly to the shoulders of my younger self. As weird as that sounds. He flies with ease back the way we came. He said they wouldn't be expecting us to return so soon. This would be our best chance.

I agreed and now here we are flying over the city lights at night. When we near the compound we swoop down to the proper window. I peak inside and nod to the younger me. He takes a deep breath and grabs the bars crying out when his hands start burning as he bends the metal. When there is just enough room for me to slip threw he stops. He breathes deeply looking at his hands. I cringe when I see the bubbling skin.

I slink threw the window and the younger me saluts me before taking off. His job is to take out as many guards on the outside as possible. He told me his wings wouldn't fit in the window. Neither would Patrick's which is the problem.

I sneak quitely over the floor and make my way up to Patrick's cage. The dim light illuminates his form on the floor.

"Patrick." I whisper knealing down and snacking my hand between the bars and shaking him softly. I accidentally roll him over. I gasp when I see his beaten bruised face.

I rush to the cage door and pull on it. Its locked and I rattle the bars angrily. Patrick is hurt. I need to get to him. I feel panic bubbling under my skin and I shake the bars harder. Suddenly the door breaks away.

I blink at the detached door in my hands stupidly for a second. Did I do that? I guess it doesn't matter I prop the cage door against the cage wall. I duck inside and fall to my knees beside Patrick. I press my ear to his chest and I can hear his slow heart beat. I sigh in relief and hug him softly.

Okay plan need a plan. Wait a second... I look at Patrick's unconscious face and lean closer it worked last time right?

I lean in and plant a kiss to Patrick's lips. I feel his skin heat up and suddenly he is pressing back into the kiss. His hand coming up and cupping my cheek. I melt into the kiss and want to pretend that this isn't just because it heals him. When I pull away Patrick pants slightly. I watch in wonder as the cuts heal over and he sits up quickly.

He smiles at me and I let out a sigh of relief. I squeak in suprise when he lunges forward and kisses me again. When he pulls away he helps me up from the floor. "One for good luck." He says laughing lightly.

I pull him from the cage and too the door. We both peak our heads out to the hallway and scout out the area. The coast looks clear and I drag Patrick into the hallway and we both run down it quickly. We turn corners very slowly first checking to see if there is anyone there. Then me going to make sure nothing is going to jump out and ki Patrick. Then finally Patrick following.

We almost make it and I can see a door to the exit which looks very promising when I hear a scream ring out down the hall. Patrick and I slowly turn and I feel my blood run cold when I see Brendon gripping the wing of the thrashing younger version of myself.

Dammit. I can see Patricks shocked expression when he sees who the demon is holding and his eyes flicker between me and him.

"Pete did you really think it be that easy? That you could just come in here with this angel wannabe doppelganger and take Patrick away from us? I thought you were smarter than that Pete! I mean honestly this shadow copy isnt strong enough to take down a demon. We caught him on the first try! Shadow angels are weak enough that one good tug in the right place and then these wings can pop right off. Ive seen it done. Ive done it myself. I have a few demons just itching for a set of wings you know. Give yourself up and I will let the shadow and your precious Patrick go." Brendon says this all fron down the hall while ever so slowly creeping forward slowly calculating waiting for someone to make the wrong move.

Did he really mean what he said about the wings being so easily removed? I stare at the flailing younger me and wince as he could easily accidentally rip his own wings right off with all the movement he is making. It be easy to give myself up because then it means that Patrick would be safe that the winged me would also be safe.

Of course right now me and Patrick could make a break for the door and probably escape together once we make it outside. I only met the younger me a few hours ago would U really feel bad about leaving him behind?

I probably would honestly because he is me, I am him, and he has my wings a conundrum I still need to ask about. What if I want those wings back if I ditch the poor thing here I will never have them.

"Okay I will go with you just let him go" I yell down the hall. I see the yellow green glint of Brendons eyes shining in the dim hallway.

Before I can register whats happening I am being knocked over and dragges down the hall. I scream and look to see Patrick and young me fleeing out the doorway. Patrick glances back at me for a split second heart break etched across his face.

A hand clasps around my ankle and continues pulling me down the hall. "Good choice Pete. We are going to have so much fun."