-17-

Pete's Pov:

I sit tapping my fingers on the arm of my chair. Brendon discusses about the planned attacks that will take place within the next few days to everyone else in the room. I don't really know any of them but some look familiar from when Patrick and I were being held.

Patrick. The thought of him makes me cringe and shift in my chair the thought of him making me uncomfortable I just have to push him out of my mind because all the things Brendon told me about angels makes me hate him.

Of course somewhere deep down is trying to remind me that he is my best friend who I love and cherish. Another part reminds me about how he left me for dead and stood and watched me become human for him and never told me that we knew each other before we meet. Not only that but we had a romance for hundreds of years.

You can't blame me for being bitter about loosing hundreds of years worth of memory, all the while the boy I cuddled with in the back of a van knew all along exactly what took place over those centuries. I hate Patrick for that for lying to me. All of them every single member of our band knew all of this and none of them told me. They just let me look like some sort of idiot running around with angels and calling myself their friend.

I bet none of them really cared about me which is why none of them came to help me. I bet they are all hanging out with my angel version having a great fucking time pretending I don't exist. Because he is an angel who never aged as old as I am and isn't human. They can just pretend all they want that he is me and no one would be able to tell the difference.

I stew silently in my chair while Brendon continues the meeting. When he dismisses everyone I remain in my seat and Brendon eyes me wearily.

"Thinking about them again?" He asks his voice tired but holding a tinge of emotion.

"Yeah I can't help thinking that they replaced me with that shadow angel creation what every the hell he is." I scowl and Brendon sighs.

"They very well could have but in a few days we can get back at them. This attack should uproot the angels foot hold in this city and then it can finally be ours. You Pete will have the chance to kill your shadow and take his wings to get your own like mine. You can kill your old friends too if you wanted I can tell the others to save their deaths for you."

Brendon looks excited at this his eyes flashing and fangs gleaming in the crappy lights of the warehouse. I know he's excited to finally get out of this mould infested place and get his own house or entire apartment complex. He gushes to me all the time about all the things he wants and every time I catch his longing looks towards me I feel a weird feeling inside. I think he tells me all of this because he wants to share it all with me.

I don't know how to feel about that.

But even with everything that has happened could I really kill my old friends? I shiver at the thought of them dying at the hands of the others would I be able to tell the moment they died? Or would I have to live the rest of eternity wondering who killed them.

"Save them for me." I say keeping emotion from my voice. Brendon breaks into a smirk probably thinking that this is me finally committing to this life. My mind whispers that this could be I could kill them all take my wings back and fully transition into this life and run this city with Brendon.

It be simple and easy to just let go of my emotions lose myself in this lifestyle. "I will think of what to do with them when the time comes." I say finally pushing off of my chair and walking out of our make shift meeting room.

"Be ready the fight is only two days!" Brendon yells after me down the hallway. I don't reply keeping my eyes on the ground as I walk down the hallway.

I have a lot of thinking to do.

Patrick's POV

I know that something big is coming I can feel it in the air. It puts my feathers on edge and everyone is worried they have held countless meetings discussing how to keep the city safe but none of the plans cover every possibility. Because we don't have enough angels to make a stand if the demons in the city decide they want to take more. It's against our code to just go into their base and tear off wings and vanquish them to purgatory. I shiver thinking about my soul being stuck in such a place.

It's what happens when a demon or angel is killed by another supernatural. Sure angels can become human if they cut off their wings but if a demon cuts off an angels wings its game over for them. Just poof gone straight to purgatory for the rest of eternity.

I wouldn't wish that upon anyone but yet the demons see it as the only way to take the city and take the angels out of the picture. Which is ridiculous but I can't help but worry about what Pete is doing in all of this. Is he helping them? Planning to kill angels along with all the others?

These days I've paced a rut into the floor just thinking about everything young Pete isn't helping much. He isn't a strong angel because he isn't real technically.

Yet I still feel for the guy he is exactly like Pete and he doesn't know why we all hate him. He stayed hidden this long for a reason until he knew that something was going to happen to real Pete he just wanted to help and we treat him like a nuisance.

I feel bad about it but I can't help getting upset just looking at him.

I just want Pete home and safe we could leave this all behind and I could keep him safe like it has been all these years. No matter what happens to him I am still his guardian angel and it hurts physically to be away from him thinking about him in pain.

I need Pete to come home.