-30-

Orbs of light float across my vision. I squint and the world sways the light is so fuzzy but so bright it hurts. I groan and raise a hand up to my eyes. I can hear something, or rather maybe someone in the distance. Their voice sounds so far away like they are shouting from an end of a tunnel. Only the echoes barely a whisper hitting my ears, but the words... The words I can't hear what they are saying. My own hand smacks me in the face as I overestimate how far away my hand truly was. I groan again and try to roll over, but pain shoots throughout my entire body.

What happened to me. I finally roll onto my side and my arm hits something. I open my eyes and there is a shape next to me, a dark blur against the blinding lights, I reach and feel with my hand and it is surprisingly cold. But soft, I squeeze harder and realize that it is a person... But,

Who?

The talking continues and something starts touching me I want to swat it away, but im transfixed on the shape next to me. Something inside me just feels like, like I need to see who it is. I pull on whatever I have my hand on and it moves. So an arm? Maybe? I pull harder and rub my hand upwards and yes, there is an elbow and a shoulder, and they are not wearing a shirt? My hand stops roaming when I hit feathers. 

Why are they so cold? Someone get them a blanket, but they aren't moving the hand not wrapping around my own when I pull it closer and there even with my blurred vision I see the tanned skin, the tattoos swirling in patterns oh so familiar. Suddenly everything seems to snap into place the world becoming defined, focused and it is Pete next to me sprawled out. His eyes closed and lips parted and so impossibly cold.

I look closer and a small trail of blood drips down the side of his mouth, his shoulders stained with blood and I feel sick. I blink furiously holding back tears trying to get the world beyond to come into focus because someone is pulling me backward, warm hands gripping my shoulders as I try to hold onto Pete.

What happened to him?

A harsh jerk backward makes me turn my gaze away and the blurry shapes turn into a face. Their lips are moving but the words sound foreign, and so quite I stare at them, it takes me a minute but I realize that I know this person. Yes, I do know them, their face is so familiar yet the name escapes me. Something about the hair rings a bell, faintly the name is there but I just can't piece it with the face. They are smiling and then I am being pulled into a hug and over their shoulder, there is another, but this person I have not the faintest idea who they might be but they look at me with such sad eyes. A chill runs down my spine from their haunting eyes looking at me. The man hugging me pulls away and his smiling face turns confused as his mouth continues to rattle on words I cannot comprehend. 

Then his eyes travel to Pete, the happiness turning into a darker emotion. Something between him and Pete. Unspoken but what could be anger melts when he looks back to me. A ringing starts in my ears and I raise a hand to the side of my head as the ringing gets louder. I groan as it starts to become painful my hands cupping over my ears trying to force the noise away but it persists. I squeeze my eyes shut and curl into myself and I hear someone calling my name. But this time it sounds so clear but they feel so far away.

They feel so scared and alone, there is a darkness surrounding them and I don't... I can't tell where they are but I can feel them. I want to comfort them bring them to me but I have a feeling that they are lost. 

Suddenly a vision appears behind my eyelids and its Pete he's on his knees calling out to me and I try to speak, try to run to him to comfort him but I can't move and I watch as the darkness envelopes him.

Then suddenly the ringing in my ears stops, I open my eyes and the room is silent. Finally, a name falls into place. Joe.

"Patrick, it's okay you are safe now." Joe sighs in relief.