Chapter 29

Three weeks later

Y/N'S POV

The infamous song introducing the graduating class played throughout the speakers around the football field. All the students made their way from the entrance and walked around the track before sitting down in their seats, waiting for the ceremony to begin. This is what I always hated about graduations in all honesty, it always took forever to get out of here. Hours at the least. Plus they made us sit outside in the middle of summer in Miami just to complete it. The graduating class was too large to just fit in the gym so they brought it outside.

I stood there waiting for everyone to sit down, clad in my white button-up shirt, black pants, black dress shoes, with my Ray-Ban sunglasses shielding my eyes from the harsh sun. My eyes subconsciously searched for Lauren but there was so many students walking, I couldn't pinpoint exactly where she was. It seemed like it had already been several hours before every student was sitting down and the ceremony started. Again, I hated all the speeches everyone gave, especially my boss and every other teacher because they could go on for days. I checked my watch to see that we had only been here an hour. I quietly groaned to myself.

Valedictorian speeches passed by, with more speeches from my boss before it was finally time to hand out diplomas, what seemed like three hours later. I stood up from my seat as they called everyone to come up to receive their diplomas. I offered each student that came up a handshake, unless they opted for a hug which was pretty awkward. Nonetheless, the students came and went across the stage and I was just praying this would end soon. With the last couple of rows left, my eyes met the familiarity of my girlfriend's as she stood in line. When she realized I was looking at her she immediately perked up in her spot, offering me a wave and a wide smile. All I could do was smile back and nod, as students kept coming up for handshakes. As the raven haired girl gave her name card to the announcer, my eyes never left hers.

As the announcer called her name, people cheered and she made her way over to me. I grabbed her hand to shake, the ghost of a smirk taking over my lips. "Congratulations." I whispered. "I hope life treats you well." I realized that our hands were connected for a long period of time so I unwillingly let go of Lauren's hand. She reciprocated my smirk, as she slowly moved down the line.

"It's just beginning." She whispered back before moving on to obtain her diploma. I couldn't help the overwhelming amount of proudness that took over me as I watched her hold onto her diploma, a wide smile taking over her lips. Dinah and Camila were right after her, as you were allowed to sit with your friends now. So as the two came up to me, we joked around with hugs and laughs. It didn't take long before all the rest of the students finished getting their diplomas and sitting back down in their spots. My boss finished with one last goodbye speech, and as he walked the students on how to move their tassels to the opposite side of their graduation caps, it was time for everyone to throw the caps in the air as they were named graduating class.

Everyone began to disperse to find their friends and family. After teachers were released I subtly made my way towards where I saw Lauren going. The further I walked the more I noticed that she had stopped to greet Dinah and Camila's families. I was about to walk away to let her have time to converse but the green eyed girl caught my gaze and motioned for me to head over to where everyone else was. Lauren walked away from the two families to meet me halfway. "Hey, where are you going?" The raven haired beauty asked me, a wide smile on her face.

"I was just going to let you talk to your friends and their families while I went back to my classroom to finish cleaning up. I was going to text you." I slipped my hands into my pockets with a shrug of my shoulders. Lauren rose her eyebrow as she laughed. I couldn't help but smile at the sound even though I was confused as to why she was laughing at me. Eventually the green eyed girl shook her head.