Chapter 30

Five Years Later

LAUREN'S POV

"Let's move on to the next shoot!" I called out, sending people to where they needed to be. There were several models booking today out, our studios coming up on the rise. Just as we had expected, Ally had helped us out with whatever we needed until we were able to get on our feet. At first Y/N and I figured we would do simple things like weddings without needing a whole building but we kept getting requests from all kinds of different jobs so we decided it would be beneficial to just open a studio. It wasn't long before it started to pay for itself and before we were able to make a profit off of it.

The two of us were very lame and only kept it to our last names, as Jauregui-Y/LN Studios. Y/N essentially let me run the business since I had went to school for it, but also because I made her focus more on her teaching so she wouldn't stress too much about either one. Plus we knew it would be easier when we started our family in a way. Lately it seemed to be working out pretty well, and it seemed that me graduating really lifted a weight off of our shoulders. My parents still tried to keep in contact with me but I wouldn't allow it, as did Y/N's. The two of us managed to keep to ourselves and focus on us, hence the ability to thrive in our lines of work.

After finishing the last of our photoshoot, I dismissed myself to head home where I knew my wife was waiting for me. As soon as I walked into the door, a savory aroma filled my senses which gave the indication that it was Y/N's turn to cook for the night. I smiled at the sight of her tall, shirtless frame looming over the stove, her body slightly turned to the left. I made my behind the older woman to wrap my arms around her waist, snuggling into her back. Y/N quickly turned around to greet me with a kiss before I turned my attention to the small child in her arms. I cooed at the small two month old baby before taking her in my arms. The green eyes that matched mine opened slightly as the child finished yawning. I lifted my opposite hand to hold onto the much smaller one, all five of her fingers wrapping around my index finger. Y/N pecked my temple before turning her attention back to her cooking.

"How was she today?" I asked my wife as I went to sit down on one of the stools in the kitchen. I looked at our daughter with nothing but awe. The small baby's mouth twitched up in a small smile just as Y/N came back up to the two of us. The teacher lifted her hand to rest on top of the baby's head so that her thumb stroked the full head of hair.

"She missed her mother like always." Y/N muttered softly with a smile playing at her lips. A small whine fell from our daughter's lips causing the both of us to smile and laugh at the sound. "Yes I'm talking about you, Nova." Y/N whispered before leaning down to kiss the top of the child's head. She turned to make sure our dinner wasn't burning as I continued to admire the girl in my arms. I still couldn't believe that we had created an actual baby that was completely ours. Of course I'd always dreamed of having a family with Y/N but now that it was finally starting, it blew my mind. All the way past two months since it happened it feels like the child came into our lives yesterday.

Y/N stayed home with Nova on the weekends while I worked and I stayed home on the weekdays while Y/N worked. So far it seemed to work out pretty well. When Nova started to get fussy, I was about to stand up to get her a bottle when Y/N told me she got it. I waited for the older woman to warm up the pre-made bottle of breast milk before she brought it over to hand it to me. I thanked her with a kiss before placing the bottle in the baby's mouth to feed her. "Hey so when are we going to take her three month pictures?" Y/N asked from her position at the stove. I looked over to see her getting out plates which meant that food was almost ready. I took the bottle from Nova's mouth so I could burp her as Y/N brought our dinner. She sat down next to me and began to eat while I patted Nova's back lightly. "It's coming up in a couple of days."