Chapter 7

LAUREN'S POV

"You fucking loser!" My books were shoved out of my hands as my back hit the lockers behind me. I watched as Austin and his friends laughed while walking away. My eyes formed into a subconscious glare before leaning down to grab my books.

"You know you should really stand up to those fucking assholes." I recognized the voice. I looked up to see Dinah right before she helped me pick up my stuff. I nodded at her words but decided to not say anything. There wasn't really much to say. "Why don't you hang around me today? I never see you around and I got someone that I'm sure you'll love." She offered. I debated it in my head.

"Sure." I said quietly as I shrugged. Dinah smiled before linking our arms together and pulling me towards the direction of the cafeteria. I shrank under the gazes of the school but Dinah didn't seem to mind. She walked confidently with a smile on her face. Eventually we reached a table where a small brunette girl sat playing around on her phone. When Dinah got there she slammed her hand on the table to scare the girl which proved to work when the smaller one jumped out of her seat.

"Dinah!" She whined but it stopped when her eyes landed on me. She gave me a smile with a wave. "I'm Camila." She introduced herself. Before I could even open my mouth to talk Dinah had pushed me to sit down in between the two friends. When I figured we were all settled I turned back to Camila so I could hopefully introduce myself.

"I'm Lauren." I awkwardly waved. None of the girls seemed to mind it though. For once I ate lunch with other people. It was a great feeling to know that at least someone in this school was generous enough to spend time with me. Well besides Y/N but that was kind of a given. Speaking of the taller girl, I was surprised to see her walking into the cafeteria. She talked to some students on her way to get some food, or whatever she was doing, and she had a small smile on her face.

I was stuck in another moment of awe as everything seemed to move in slow motion. Y/N had just gotten something to drink apparently before she made her way back out of the cafeteria. I left my longing gaze on the door but apparently I didn't know how long I had been staring at the doors that Y/N had just walked out of until I felt a nudge in my side from Dinah. I looked at her with a blush on my face, knowing I had been caught staring. "You have the hots for your teacher?!"

"Psh, no." I denied as I took a bite of my sandwich. Both Dinah and Camila looked at me like I was stupid. They totally knew that I was lying. I tried to avoid their accusing looks but eventually the two of them started laughing hysterically. Suddenly they stopped though, causing me to look at them in confusion. Dinah had her hands on Camila's shoulders as she shook the smaller girl.

Camila had a deep blush on her cheeks while Dinah teased her lightly. They were both looking in the same direction and I tried to find what or who they were looking at but I didn't have any idea. Apparently Dinah caught onto my confusion as she turned to me with a smile on her face. "Camila here has got a lover too. See that dark chocolate over there?" I followed the direction of her pointed finger to see who she was talking about and eventually I found the tall dark-skinned girl.

"She's pretty." I noted. Looking back at the brunette near me, I saw her looking like what I imagine myself looking like when I was staring at Y/N. You could just see the longing in her eyes, and it warmed my heart to be honest. Good to know I wasn't the only one completely and undoubtedly in love with someone. "How long have you had a crush on her?" I asked Camila.

Dinah snorted. "It's been years and nothin has changed." She laughed. Camila glared at the taller girl and gave her a sharp elbow to the ribs. Dinah winced and covered the spot Camila hit with her hand, whining throughout the whole process. I chuckled at their antics but resumed eating my lunch. The rest of the time consisted of the two girls teasing each other, eventually including me in that teasing, and lots of joking around.