Chapter 25

Y/N'S POV

"You called, Ms. Hernandez." I smirked lightly, walking into Ally's office with Lauren right behind me. The short Texan nodded her head with a wide smile before motioning to the seats in front of her desk. Lauren and I sat down and waited for Ally to finish her conversation on the phone. I grabbed my girlfriend's hand over the armrests and played with her fingers subconsciously up until the point where Ally finally ended her conversation.

"Yes sorry if you were busy but I needed some new equipment tested out. If you need to go I can have someone else do it but I just missed my best friend and hoped you could swing by and help." Ally bit her lip nervously as she anticipated my answer. Without hesitating I immediately nodded my head with a smile. "And Lauren we have a couple photoshoots I wanted you to sit in on if you didn't mind."

"I'd love to." Lauren patted my thigh with her hand and we both looked back at the blonde haired girl. Ally let out a thankful sigh as she stood up, motioning for the two of us to follow her out of the office. Ally proceeded to explain what she wanted done while Lauren and I listened and followed behind her, our hands intertwined. To be honest I zoned out for several minutes until Lauren had to nudge my side with her elbow. I noticed we had stopped walking and Ally was already off doing her own thing. I turned to the shorter girl beside me with a sheepish smile as she raised her eyebrow at me. I rubbed the back of my neck with my unoccupied hand. "Were you listening to anything she said?" Lauren asked, unimpressed.

"Yes." I scoffed in disbelief. I knew Lauren saw right past my lie as she rolled her eyes playfully. She pushed me away from her with a laugh but immediately brought me back in for a hug. I kissed the top of her head and waited until she was called for the photoshoot. "Come find me if you finish before I do. I want to test out some of the equipment on you." I mumbled against the skin of her forehead. The shorter girl nodded her head before leaning up to peck my lips. The kiss was short and sweet until Lauren pulled away to go head towards the photoshoot. I watched her backside sway as she walked and I tried to subtly bite my lip so nobody knew I was checking her out. When the green eyed beauty was out of my sight, I headed over to my own station to test out whatever equipment Ally needed me to.

I decided to test the software equipment on the laptops to make sure everything was up to date. I opened all of the laptops in the room and set them to update, knowing it would take a while. I grabbed a chair and sat down while the laptops went through their update. I sat on my phone, playing music and scrolling through my social media. Eventually the first laptop finished so as I went to test it out, I knew that the others would follow shortly behind. I made sure all of the editing applications were updated and working with no interferences before making my way to the next laptop and repeating the process. It had been an hour or so until I was finished and heading out of the room to check hardware products. On my way to the holding room I glanced over to see how Lauren was doing but my heart instantly fell to my stomach.

The photographer seemed to take a liking to the green eyed girl, and he seemed way too touchy for my liking. What made it worse was that Lauren sat there and allowed it to happen with a smile on her face. I sighed to myself and continued the trek to the equipment holding room. I couldn't help the overwhelming thoughts that began to swarm my head. I tried my best to ignore them but nothing would help. Maybe she just wanted a relationship that wasn't complicated. Maybe she wanted to be shown off like she deserved. I grit my teeth together once I reached the room as I swung the door open upon my entrance. I didn't want to be here now. Although begrudgingly, I began to unbox and set up the new equipment that came in which still needed to be taken out of their packaging.

I took everything out of the packages and set the trash altogether so it can be thrown away all at once before I started setting everything up to make sure it turned on. After making sure it turned on most of all I started to play with the equipment so that it would work the way it was supposed to. Originally I had planned to use Lauren as a subject so I could use new cameras or whatever came in but my petty side decided otherwise. So once everything was up and working I began to take it all down to pack it away again in where Ally had instructed me to. As I was putting everything away I heard the door open and close before small arms came to wrap around my waist. By the skin tone I knew it was Lauren especially as she laid her head between my shoulder blades but I didn't lean back into her like I normally did.