Chapter 15

Y/N'S POV

"Ms. Y/LN I didn't think we'd need to have this talk again." Once again I was sat in the principal's office as he lectured me on student's stories. Mr. Conley sat in his chair with his hands folded in front of his body, laying on the table. "Although it is different from the one we had before. This one involves a parent." Oh fuck what did I do now. "I'm sure you know Lauren Jauregui. Well her father came to me and he was very weary about you. I'm not jumping to conclusions but I will say to not give him any doubts." He ended with a tight smile.

"So you're telling me this guy is concerned about my relationship with his daughter?" Well he should be. Mr. Conley nodded his head at my question though. "I can assure you I'm only helping her career choices, that's all. I don't know what he's talking about but he's wrong." I knew that by defending it so much it would only lead to more suspicion but I was to the point where I just didn't care anymore.

"I know Ms. Y/LN, it was just a fair warning to not give him anything else to go off on. You're one of the greatest teachers to walk into this school, you've moved so many students. I just don't want to have to lose you for something ridiculous like this. Plus I don't want to have to keep bringing you in here to lecture you." The principal laughed slightly but I wasn't entertained. I nodded my head and stood up from my seat.

"Is that all?" I quipped. My boss dismissed me so that I could return back to my classroom. Once again he had wasted most of my lunch leaving me with barely any time to eat. I sat at my desk with a sigh and dug around in my mini fridge for the sandwich I had made before leaving my house earlier this morning. As I started eating there was a small knock at my door before Lauren hesitantly entered the room. Immediately a huge smile took over my face and my bad mood was replaced with a happy one. "Hey." I breathed out.

"Hey, is it okay if I sit in with you?" Lauren asked as she fumbled with her fingers. I waved her over and soon enough the shorter girl was standing in front of me. I scooted my chair forward so that I could wrap my arms around Lauren's waist, my head resting on her stomach. The green eyed beauty simply laughed but threaded her fingers in my hair in a comforting manner. I sighed lightly before closing my eyes to revel in the feeling. "Is everything okay?" Lauren asked and for some reason I had felt that she wasn't just talking about right now in this moment.

I hummed with a nod of my head but I could still tell Lauren wanted to know without pushing it further. I debated on just telling her or not because I knew it would cause major problems. Problems I was not ready to face at the moment. As a way to push everything to the back of my mind, I pulled Lauren's lower half into me so that she had no choice but to straddle my lap. She giggled lightly as she let me pull her down. When she was finally face-level with me I leaned in for a soft kiss. I felt Lauren's body mold into mine as time went on.

It was an innocent kiss which ended quickly as I pulled away to lay my head on Lauren's shoulder. "Y/N." Lauren started off hesitantly. I hummed in return causing her to continue. "I-I don't want to push anything but uh, what took you so long to reply last night." She whispered. I sighed, knowing this would come up eventually and it's what she's been wanting to know all along. That was her underlying question whenever she asked if I was okay. I didn't know if I should tell her because I knew it may cause problems in the long run. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Lauren was quick to jump in.

I pulled away from her shoulder and took a deep breath. "No it's not that. But I just," I sighed as I tried to come up with something to say. "I just know that it's a pain to deal with. But no matter what happens, trust me and only me okay? It might cause this to become rocky so I need you to trust me. That simple. Okay?" I asked. Lauren seemed very hesitant and she didn't answer right away. Instead of just telling me she trusted me she went a different route.