Chapter 8

LAUREN'S POV

"Lauren you better get your ass to school today, I'm tired of getting phone calls saying that you're missing!" My dad's voice boomed from outside my door. My eyes wouldn't open on their own accord for so long but when they did I immediately wanted to go back to sleep. It had been one week since I've gone to school, I didn't want to face Y/N after what had happened. I was too scared. And the fact that Y/N wasn't even willing to try anything was really saying something.

Not only did we both do something illegal, but I embarrassed myself like no other. I just couldn't find it in myself to face her. But I knew I had to do it eventually, so it was kind of one of the moments where if I didn't do it now I wouldn't be able to do it later. I got up with a groan and didn't bother trying to dress up or anything. I threw on some sweats and a t-shirt before going to brush my teeth. When I was done I grabbed my backpack and left the house without even bothering to brush my hair.

The walk took longer than usual since I didn't want to go. I just wanted to hide for the rest of my life. But that wasn't an option, and at least I didn't have to deal with her at the beginning of the day. When I just made it on school property, my phone started ringing so I answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey Lauren, it's Ally." The Texan's sweet voice filled my ears. "I was just wondering if you could possibly come in today, and we can actually get you on a schedule here. Plus I wanted to start having you work on more than just cutting boards." Ally laughed a little bit and my mood picked up just by hearing her voice.

"Yeah I'll be there right after school." I nodded even though she couldn't see me. After that Ally said she had to go so we quickly said our goodbye's before hanging up. I shoved my phone back in my pocket with a sigh, seeing Dinah and Camila sitting at a bench together and just laughing. When I walked up to them, Dinah was the first to see me. She immediately stopped laughing and stood up, rushing over to me as fast as she could.

"What the hell happened to you, girl?" She had me sit down at the table and I laughed at her antics, even though she wasn't impressed. Camila leaned forward in her seat, waiting for me to say something as well. I took my bag off my back and set it next to me, taking my time to see if I could come up with a believable lie. I knew that Dinah and Camila were getting impatient so I came up with the first thing that came to my head.

"I was sick." I mean it wasn't a total lie, but it's not like I was physically sick.  The two girls didn't seem to buy it but I was thankful that they left it alone. They talked amongst themselves while I fidgeted with my fingers on top of the table, looking at all the people hanging out around outside. As I was looking away I failed to realize that Dinah was talking to me until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped slightly before looking back at the taller girl. I also realized that Camila was no longer at the table causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Camila had to go to her class early, but I want to know exactly what happened to you." She pointed a finger at me. When I was about to protest she instantly cut me off. "I don't want a bullshit answer. I have my suspicions but I want you to tell me first." I sighed at her words, knowing that there was no way out of this. "If it helps, I'll tell you what my suspicion is. While you were gone, and in the rare moments I saw her, your girl looked super fucked up. She was always looking sad and like... I don't even know how to explain it. She just looked completely drained. It was bad."

My heart dropped at the news, and despite everything that happened I just wanted to make sure she would be okay. I just wanted to hold her and never let go, but she wouldn't allow that. I played with my bottom lip in my fingers as I nodded my head, signaling to Dinah that she was right. "Yeah, Friday after school we were um, she was trying to show me how to take studio portraits and we ended up kissing. She uh she freaked out and yeah, that's basically it."