Chapter 13

LAUREN'S POV

"You still didn't tell us what happened between you and your teacher." Dinah said, overly loud. I quickly jumped up to cover her mouth to shush her. When she kept trying to talk I glared at her, effectively cutting her off with the intensity of my stare. When I was confident she would shut up I removed my hand from her mouth as Camila watched us while trying not to laugh. The two of them were still perked up though, waiting for me to tell them what went on.

"I told you, nothing happened." I started off. I realized that for me to tell them what happened I also had to tell them that I was kicked out of my own home, and that was something I didn't want to do. I hesitated for a second as I tried to come up with something that didn't include that. "We were just making out and it got a little heated, that's all."

Dinah made a playful disappointed face as Camila made a confused one. "Wait I thought Dinah said you guys went all the way." The younger Cuban said, looking in between Dinah and I. I gave the Polynesian an unimpressed look. She would tell Camila that Y/N and I went all the way. I shook my head towards Camila to let her know we didn't.

"I'm surprised you still listen to her considering she just makes up whatever she wants to hear." I teased. Both of the girls sitting in front of me gave me playfully offended looks. The three of us were sat at our usual table, the end of lunch only about ten minutes away. The more Y/N and I spent time together the more I wanted to be with her. I didn't know if it would've bothered her if I sat in at lunch with her but I guess I would find out later.

Dinah calling out my name caught my attention. I looked up to meet her eyes. "I know we're all messing around with this but in all seriousness, we just want the best for you and we would never want you to end up getting hurt." She said. I rose my eyebrow out of confusion, not knowing where this was coming from. I awkwardly nodded my head. "Lauren I'm serious. If you guys were to get caught, god forbid, we don't want you hurt. Although yeah you would be but it's not like-"

"Dinah it's fine. I get what you're saying." I held up my hand to silence her. The taller girl nodded her head with an apology before she engaged in another conversation with Camila. Truth is I had no idea what she was saying, I just wanted her to stop talking about the possibility and the outcome of if Y/N and I had gotten caught by someone. It was worsening my mood so I had to stop her before I started crying or something. Soon enough the lunch bell had rang causing everyone to file out of the cafeteria slowly, heading towards their classes. Dinah, Camila, and I said our goodbye's and I practically ran to Y/N's room. I couldn't wait to see the older woman, though I saw her this morning.

As I walked into the classroom, Y/N gave me a charming, mega-watt smile. I couldn't help but blush and return it as I went to sit at my seat, the smile never leaving my face. Other students filed in until the late bell rang throughout the school. As the young teacher was about to start talking someone cut her off yet again. "What are we doing?"

"Well if you'd just sit and listen maybe I'd tell you." Y/N smiled sarcastically. She finished taking roll on her computer before standing up to face the class. "The next unit involves lenses. The next assignment I told you about must be a landscape." Of course she would make it a landscape. "So, obviously you must be taught how to control lens flares and over exposure." Y/N crossed her arms after pulling a slideshow up on the smart board.

It always amused me how she was a completely different person when she was teaching. She was so laid back and carefree when she wasn't, but when she was in teaching mode she was cold and sarcastic most of the time. Her PowerPoint consisted of different lenses and what they did. "The lens that has the closest thing to how we view things is the fifty millimeter lens. That means it's best for works such as portraits. This causes the least amount of distortion, unlike fisheye lenses." Y/N held up a lens where the glass was extremely bulbous and round. Y/N then showed us an image of what a picture would look like if it were taken with a fisheye lens.