Chapter 9

Y/N'S POV

Furious knocks sounded at my door. I sighed and stood up from the couch before going to answer the door. When they didn't stop I groaned. "Cut it out I'm coming!" I forcefully pulled open the door only to be shoved back against the wall. I widened my eyes as I saw an angry Ally storming into my house. She slammed the door behind her.

"I don't know exactly what happened between you and Lauren but you're going to tell me right now." She pointed her finger at my chest. I tried to get away from her but she just kept pushing me back. Every time I took a step to the right she would push me back into various pieces of furniture like the dresser next to the door and the coat hanger.

"Ow Ally stop it." I held her hands to stop her. She glared at me causing me to sigh. When she stopped pushing me I told her to follow me into the living room where we sat down on the couch. I rubbed my face. "Look no matter what I tell you, I just need you to be my best friend right now, you can't get mad at me or make any rash decisions. Promise me that Ally, please."

"Y/N just tell me." She still held a hard look on her face. I became nervous as Ally crossed her arms over her chest, waiting for me to say something. I sighed once more in preparation. "Look if it'll make you feel better, I promise to keep my composure." Ally placed her hand on my knee.

"I was trying to help Lauren out with some studio work and we um," I rubbed my chin in nervousness. I took a shaky breath before continuing. "We kissed." Ally gasped, both of her hands in front of her mouth. I held my hand up, telling her that wasn't all. "After that I freaked out on her and she ran out of my classroom crying. I felt like shit and that's why she missed a week, it was because of me." I was so beat up about it, I could feel my own eyes watering at the awful memory. I quickly wiped my eyes.

"Y/N..." Ally trailed off. I fiddled with my fingers in my lap. I could practically hear Ally trying to formulate a coherent thought in her head but nothing was coming out. I buried my face in my hands. "Look, I know that you know this is wrong. But my best friend side says to tell you to just go for it. I've never seen you so messed up before, that girl is obviously special to you. But then again Y/N, this is illegal." She finally mustered up.

I nodded my head while scratching the back of my neck. "I know. But it's the fact that I don't care that scares me. If it didn't ruin anything for her I would've done it a long time ago. I just hate myself for doing that to her, especially making her cry for thinking that it's not what I wanted." I stressed. "She told me that we just had to talk it out. I'm guessing she felt bad for seeing how bad I looked."

"You know, I knew something happened between you guys. I just didn't think it would've been this." Ally started. She paused to gather her thoughts once more. "And I hate to say this but you can't pursue this, Y/N. It'll fuck up not only your career but hers too." Ally placed her hand on my shoulder. I sighed before standing up so her hand fell back to her side. I interlaced my fingers together and placed them behind my head as I paced.

"Thanks for yelling at me. It's really what I needed right now." I chuckled humorlessly. "You can leave now." I said over my shoulder before walking into my kitchen. I heard Ally call my name sadly. I thought she would've left but instead I was surprised to see her walk into the kitchen right after me. I leaned against the counter with my hands supporting my weight.

"Y/N I'm sorry for saying that, you asked me to be your best friend and I didn't keep my promise. I just- I'm nervous for you. I don't want anything bad to happen to either of you. But I get it if this is really something you want to work for. I'll try my best to support you." Ally hugged me from behind. I sighed and dropped my head.