Chapter 3

LAUREN'S POV

As soon as I stepped out of the room I leaned against the door with a deep breath. I could still feel the heat rising from my neck to the tips of my ears. Damnit we were so close. And goddamnit she smelt so fucking good. My heartbeat was still erratic, making me think it could burst out of my chest. I didn't know why I was freaking out so bad but I was.

Because you have like, the biggest crush on her. Shut up, I wouldn't call it that. It's only been the second day of the whole school year and I'm already insanely attracted to my teacher to the point where it's driving me crazy. I shook my head and straightened myself out, heading on my journey to walk home. I took out my headphones and put them in my ears, setting my music on shuffle. It was only about a ten minute walk to my house but when I got there I didn't see any sign of my parents.

I sighed. They're always gone, and they always take Taylor and Chris with them. They act as if I'm not even a part of their family. I made my way to my bedroom and sat down on my bed, deciding to just do my homework now so I don't have to do it later.

Music played through my room after I added some of The Killers' songs to my playlist. I just had all their albums and songs on shuffle so I could see which ones I really loved. It was getting really dark outside giving me the impression that it was getting late but once I looked out there, I noticed it was about to rain. I love the rain.

It was so calming and beautiful. I especially loved lightning storms too. The way they move with the clouds and the intricate designs they can make. An idea came to my mind to photograph it. That's all I ever think about to be honest. But I couldn't just take one from my bedroom window.

I really wanted to impress Y/N. I grabbed my windbreaker since it wouldn't get wet in the rain and threw on another layer before that. I grabbed my camera and locked the door behind me once I exited the house.

My parents didn't trust me with a car, nor did they want to waste money on me so I had to walk everywhere I went. It sucked, especially now since I didn't really know where I wanted to go. Even if it was out of my element it would be so far away.

Maybe the countryside would be good enough. Y/N really liked landscapes if I can remember correctly. Maybe I can incorporate that into my pictures. Maybe then she'll be impressed. Surprisingly it wasn't that cold outside. And it wasn't necessarily pouring yet.

It takes about an hour for most of the buildings to clear into open land. On my way there I took some pictures but I didn't really put any thought or effort into them. They were just aesthetically pleasing. There was a dirt road that went on for about a mile. My grandfather used to take me up here all the time just so I could explore.

I'm going to regret going after this but I honestly felt like it was going to be worth it in the end. Especially if Y/N appreciates the picture. Hopefully she would, then maybe she would find me worthy enough to pursue. God shut up Lauren.

She would never find you worthy enough to pursue or whatever that means. That sounded so stupid why would she even find you attractive when you think, let alone say shit like that.

But god damn was she so irresistible. She has clouded my thoughts since the first second I ever saw her. Which I mean was like yesterday but that's beside the point. We all know that's a lost cause since there is no chance in hell that'll happen. Ever.

Oh well it still wouldn't hurt to at least try. What's the worst that can happen? Nothing changes really but I guess. I finally reached the end of the dirt road to see a huge broken down barn that looked really creepy. I took a couple pictures but it wasn't looking good yet.