Chapter 21

Y/N'S POV

"Lauren could you grab that bag for me?" I asked as I pointed before making sure I had everything else we needed. It was the weekend of the wedding where Lauren and I would be photographing and it was almost amusing to see how nervous she was because of it. I tried to reassure her as much as I could to not worry about it but knowing the smaller girl, she was still freaking out. I knew that she was also freaking out for many different reasons and all of the combined into one was making the emerald eyed beauty stress herself out.

Graduation was less than three months away and although Lauren had nothing to worry about, she still did. The girl was on top of all her grades yet she still found something to criticize herself for. I didn't understand it, I just tried to calm her down as much as I could while making sure she had as much fun as she could. I had planned a surprise for her tomorrow and I was hoping it would work. We had been together for about eight months now but I felt it was the right time. I planned to at least give her a promise ring tomorrow night.

My mom had stepped into my life again demanding I be with Lucy so I know Lauren was self conscious about our relationship. I wanted to give her the promise to let her know she had nothing to worry about. I knew my mom was insisting that I hang out with Lucy after the wedding but I declined. When I told my mom no she got angry with me during our phone call but I ended the conversation after that. I didn't know where we stood at this point but I was tired of her bullshit antics. I hadn't told Lauren about the call but I knew she could tell that something went down. The smaller girl left it alone and for that I was grateful. I was stressing out myself and I didn't want her to add that on top of her worries already clouding her mind.

I was knocked out of my daze when the green eyed girl handed me the bag I asked for. I thanked her with a kiss before grabbing her hand and leading her to the car where everything else was already packed up. I placed the last bag in the back while Lauren climbed into the passenger's seat. When I was done I closed the trunk and got into the driver's side before turning the car on and heading towards the wedding venue. Whenever I had the chance of shooting weddings I liked to get there early to take photos of the actual venue itself. My landscape photographer always came out and I tried to change how it was portrayed from wedding to wedding.

Lauren grabbed my hand as I drove. It took us almost an hour to get to the venue where I knew everybody would still be getting ready. The mother of the bride came out to greet Lauren and I while we got our stuff ready. I handed Lauren a camera and gave her everything she needed like extra SIM cards. She fastened everything on her body in a bag before standing before me with a smile. I gathered everything I needed before the mother of the bride finally made it to stand in front of us. I shook her hand before Lauren did the same. "They're just inside, getting ready." She explained and rushed us inside the building where everybody was getting ready in separate rooms.

I stopped Lauren outside in the hallway after the mother told us where everyone was. I placed my hands on her shoulders as she looked around in nervousness. "Hey look at me." I caught her gaze and smiled softly at her. "You're going to do just fine babe. Just take pictures of whatever you feel should be documented, there is no real protocol here. Take it as what you would want at your wedding. I promise you Lauren, just calm down and do what you feel is right. I believe in you." I ended with a sweet kiss on her lips before I instructed her to head into the girl's room as I made my way towards the men's. I found the groom and his groomsmen getting their suits on and getting ready for the wedding itself. I went around the room taking pictures of all of them with ease as they joked around with each other, smiles on their faces.

I had met the bride and groom earlier when they booked me and they were really sweet people. They gave a lot of leeway on the whole project letting me do what I knew best. I wasn't stressed out at all, I just knew that to make it the best I could, I couldn't stop hitting the shutter release. The more pictures Lauren and I took the more we'd have to work with and that allowed for a higher quality project. The only advice I told Lauren as well was to not let up on taking pictures. Even if it wasn't as important or nothing special was going on, keep shooting. The reactions of the audience was important to the couple as well so I tried to include other people as much as I could.