Chapter 10

Saturday Night

Y/N'S POV

My stomach growled loudly as I laid back on the couch. I groaned because I knew I had absolutely nothing to eat here so that meant I had to go get something. I stayed on the couch to see if I could stick it out but eventually I had to get up since my stomach wouldn't stop growling. I threw on some shoes and a hoodie before grabbing my keys and shit. I left the TV on as I walked past it to make my way out of the house. I locked the door behind me and went to get into my car.

Although when I was in the car and it was started, I sat there thinking about where I was going to go. For some reason nothing sounded good to me. I looked on my phone for some ideas as the Bluetooth connected to the radio and soft music played throughout the car. Finally I came across a restaurant that seemed good enough to eat at. I finally set my phone down and started driving towards the restaurant.

It was a fairly nice sandwich restaurant even though it was very small. It was really welcoming and homey, creating a warm feeling. As I walked inside I was greeted by the workers and a very old woman which was waiting for me at the counter. "What can I get you today, hun?" She asked. I did a quick survey of the menu after asking for another second. Thinking I've already taken too long I just settled for trying to make my own sandwich.

"Can I just get ham and turkey on sourdough with Swiss." When she had gotten that far I went down the line putting what I wanted on there. The sandwich ended up coming out with some lettuce, mayo and mustard, jalapeños, avocado, and some random shakers and shit. I was hoping it tasted pretty good. I ordered chips and a drink before paying and going to sit down at a booth towards the back.

There was barely anyone else in the restaurant so it was really quiet as I ate. I took out my phone and browsed around mindlessly. I saved my chips for last so when I was done with the sandwich I just smacked on those. I glanced at the top of my phone to see it was nearing nine o'clock at night so I figured I would leave to let the restaurant close. I walked out of the restaurant as the lady said her goodbye's. I made my way to my car but I could faintly hear the sounds of someone sobbing.

I stuck my keys back in my pocket as I walked around to the side of the building. There was a figure sitting down on the ground with their back against the building, their knees drawn up to their chest as their head rested on their crossed arms. The closer I got the more familiar the raven hair looked. When I was there I kneeled down next to the figure and placed my hand on their shoulder. When their head snapped up and green eyes met mine I knew my accusations were correct. "Lauren what's wrong?" I asked quietly.

The smaller girl cowered away from my gaze. She furiously wiped her eyes before crossing her arms again. It didn't take long for her to burst out into tears once again. I took a chance and sat down next to her, softly pulling her into my chest. I was pleasantly surprised when Lauren clutched onto my torso but then it sucked that she was still sobbing. I softly scratched her scalp as her head leaned in the junction of where my neck met my shoulder. Several minutes later she calmed down but she was still crying. "What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now." Lauren brokenly whispered. "I was trying to find Dinah's house since it's over here but I can't find it." She continued wiping her eyes only for more tears to take their place.

"It's okay, it's okay Lauren." I rocked us slightly back and forth. "Do you need me to take you back home?" I asked. Lauren quickly shot up, the top of her head nearly clipping the side of my jaw, while she shook her head in a rapid manner.