tears mean sad

tw: mentions abuse and rape. no detailed descriptions at all

m: be home soon. got totaaaallllly drunk bab

m: babe

luke held his phone in his hands and felt his heart stop.

he couldn't be mad. he never told michael to not get drunk at that party. he didn't even mention michael drinking because he just assumed he wouldn't.

he sat his phone down, and ran his hand over his face.

he wanted to run upstairs and lock himself in a room, but in the past, that has only made things worse, so he just waited.

he's never encountered a drunk michael, but he didn't want to either.

all he's ever known is that alcohol triggers violence. his dad would get drunk, and hit him. his ex boyfriend would get drunk and hit him and rape him and yell in his face to the point that luke was scared to sleep.

"luke.." he heard someone call out, causing scared little tears to poke at his eyes, but he couldn't let michael see that he was weak.

he stood up and met michael at the door, helping him take his jacket off.

"i'm so drunk, baby, you wouldn't believe it." michael laughed, and luke looked up a bit.

"i'm sure i'll believe it.." luke said softly.

"what's wrong, lukey? you're acting different." michael said, leaning his weight against luke's body.

"no i'm not." luke said, and michael held onto luke's hand, pulling him into the living room.

the older boy laid on the couch, and pulled luke down onto him, holding luke's head to his chest.

"you're so precious, luke. you're my luke, and you're the prettiest luke in the world." michael said in a baby voice, his words slurring.

luke smiled a bit, but he was still nervous. 

"sometimes i think you forget how much you mean t- to me, you know?" michael hiccuped.

"maybe.." luke said softly.

"you're like- you're my favorite person." michael giggled, and luke grinned, feeling safer already.

"i am?"

"yeah. i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you, i love you-"

"i get it, mikey. why are you telling me so many times?" luke laughed, feeling michael hold him tighter.

"because i don't want you to ever forget." michael said, and luke smiled, tears filling his eyes.

he couldn't help it when he let them fall onto michael's shirt.

"baby, you're crying." michael said, and luke shook his head.

"it's because i'm just happy, michael." luke said, and michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"but tears mean sad."

"not this time.." luke whispered, and michael shrugged.

"well, why are you so happy, my luke?"

luke smiled, and pulled down a blanket, covering him and michael.

"because. my ex boyfriend would get drunk and hit me. i thought you were gonna do the same thing." luke said, and michael sat up with luke on his lap.

"but i could never hurt my luke. you're so small like a fairy and if i'm too rough you might break. i can't hit you. i would never hit you." michael said, and hugged luke.

"you're my little kitten, and nobody's allowed to hurt my kitten. not even me." michael said, and luke smiled, holding onto his boyfriend.

"i love you, michael."

"i love you, my little fairy princess kitten baby."

luke giggled, and shook his head before laying down on michael's shoulder.

even though michael was intoxicated, he rocked luke until he slept, and made sure the younger boy was safe in his arms.