safe

luke held onto the little girls hand as they walked down the stairs together.

"where is he?" the four year old girl asked, holding tight to luke's hand.

"he's on the couch." luke said, and they both jumped as they heard a loud crack of thunder sound throughout the house.

"mikey?" luke asked, walking into the living room.

"dad?" the little girl asked as they both walked over to michael who was on the couch.

"i knew it would only be a matter of seconds before you two scaredy cats came down here because of the storm." michael laughed, stretching his arms across the back of the couch.

"'m not scared. bree was scared and wanted both of us with her.." luke said shyly, cuddling into michael's side.

"i don't believe that for a second." michael laughed, kissing luke's temple.

"he's lying. i'm not as scared as him." bree said, making michael laugh.

bree crawled over into luke's lap, laying on his shoulder. "it's okay, dad. we all get scared sometimes."

he smiled, and kissed her brown hair.

"i love you princess." michael said, poking the little girls side.

"are you talking to me or dad because you call him princess sometimes, too." she said, making luke's face turn pink as he laughed against michael's shoulder.

"well, i was talking to you, but i love both of my princesses." michael said, sitting up on his knees, tickling both of them as they relentlessly laughed.

"mikey, stop!" luke squealed, and the little girl kicked her feet scooting closer to luke for some sort of protection. luke held onto her as he fell off of the couch, letting her land on his stomach.

"run, bree!" he laughed, and she ran as her older dad chased her around the living room.

michael smiled when he heard luke laughing despite the storm outside. he's glad he can distract his husband until it passes.

michael grabbed the little girls waist, causing her to squeal as she was thrown over her dads shoulder.

michael sat the little girl on luke's lap, and sat beside them on the floor.

"i'm sleeeeepy." the little girl said, laying on luke's shoulder.

"alright. let's go put you to b-"

"no! i wanna cuddle.." she mumbled quickly, holding onto luke's arm.

luke stood up and picked her up, letting her lay on his shoulder.

"alright. let's all go to bed then." michael said, running up the stairs in front of luke and bree to the spare bedroom.

luke and michael always love to sleep close, so they traded their king size bed for the full-size that used to be in the guest room. now, if bree wants to sleep in their bed, they all have to go to the guest room.

they all jumped onto the bed, picking their usual spots, and scooting close. michael's chest was to luke's back, and the little girl was laying in luke's arms.

"love you both. g'night." the little girl mumbled, curling into luke's chest.

"love you." they both said and took turns leaning over to kiss her forehead.

michael cuddled into luke's back, and let his arm fall over luke's waist, and the little girls waist.

after the four year old drifted off to sleep, luke looked back at michael.

"thank you, michael. you always make me feel really safe." luke mumbled softly before michael pressed a kiss to his lips.

"of course. i love you,"

"love you more."