monitors

tumblrkidash thank youu

-

luke pressed his lips to the infants head as he slowly walked to the crib.

"you're so beautiful, baby girl." luke whispered, and stood by the crib. "i know me and michael usually put you to bed together, but he's working right now so he can buy you all of the things you want when you grow up."

he ran his thumb over his daughters soft cheek.

"he's going to be the best dad in the world. he already is, but i promise he can only get better."

luke didn't realize it, but the baby monitors were on, and michael could hear everything luke was saying from his at-home office.

"i know he's gonna be the fun dad, and i'll have to deal with that, but i know you will love us both the same. i can't wait until you can really get to know him. he's so amazing."

michael smiled, and sat his pen down, and continued listening to luke through the tiny speaker.

"he always gonna protect you. he protects me all of the time. i'm kind of jealous that you're taking the attention away from me, but it's okay. you deserve to know what his attention is like too. he always knows just what to say, and even if your day has gone awful, all you have to do is look at him and you will feel better. if you cry, he will hold you until you're better, and if you're sick, he will do everything he can to make you feel better. i love him more than anything in the world, and i know you will too. he's the best. believe me on this."

michael smiled, and stood up, walking across the hall to the nursery.

he wrapped his arms around luke, pressing kisses to his shoulder.

"michael? stop it.." luke giggled, and tilted his head to the side.

"i love you more than anything in the world.." michael mumbled, holding luke so tight.

"i love you too, but where is this coming from?" luke giggled.

"you never turned the baby monitors off and i heard you talking to our little angel..." michael whispered, leaning down to press a kiss to the little girl's head. "...but i always tell you how much i love you."

"oh gosh- you heard all of that?! i probably sounded so sappy." luke whined.

"it made me happy." michael whispered, holding luke again.

"you make me happy."

michael leaned his head against luke's as they admired the little baby together.

"i love this family more than anything in the world."