sweetheart

for @lwq5sos thank you for you ideas!

-

Luke bit his nail as Michael walked through the door.

He had a tough day at school and he just wanted to let Michael hold him and tell him that he loves him.

"Hi, Mikey. How was work?" Luke said softly.

"Absolutely awful. My boss is a jerk and I had to deal with really impatient people today." Michael said, and Luke frowned a little, hugging him.

"How was school?" Michael asked, and Luke just pushed his thoughts away. Michael has dealt with enough today, and doesn't need Luke adding into his stack of problems.

"It's was good. I had a good day." Luke said softly, kissing Michael's cheek. "Let me go cook you something, okay? Go put something on the tv and relax."

Michael smiled a little. "I'm not hungry, but thank you."

Luke could just see how tired and stressed Michael was.

"Are you okay, Michael?" Luke asked, and the older boy sighed as they walked to the living room.

"I just hate getting up at the same time every morning, going to work to do the same thing every day, and then coming home at the same time every night. I feel like I'm just wasting my life on this stupid job." He whispered as they sat down.

Luke held Michael's arm, and rubbed his back a little bit, trying to make him feel better.

"What's this?" Michael asked, holding up Luke's arm that was scattered with new bruises.

"Nothing, I just-"

"What happened at school?" Michael asked, knowing how badly Luke gets bullied.

"That's not important." Luke said, pulling his arm back.

"Why isn't it important?" Michael asked.

"Because you have real problems. You have real, adult problems and school stuff doesn't matter. I don't have any real problems like you do. You don't need me whining about school. You have an apartment to pay for, and a car to pay for and all that happens to me is that I get a little sad sometimes. It's not important." Luke said, and Michael frowned.

"Baby, no. I need you to talk to me about this stuff. This is real. You are getting hurt, and to me, that's more important than anything else." Michael said, pulling Luke into his chest. "Tell me what happened at school."

Luke held onto Michael's shirt and felt his eyes fill up with tears.

"Matt had a bunch of friends around and when I tried walking into the back entrance of the school, they circled around me and- and they made really dirty comments and called me so many things, and they pushed me onto my knees and held my arms really tight, and acted like they were gonna make me- make me suck- you know... and I got really scared and tried getting away and they pushed me down and kicked me."

Luke was in tears by the time he was done. He could barely breathe, and Michael had to rock him back and forth to try and calm him down.

"Baby, just three more days, and you're out of that school forever, remember?" Michael said, and Luke nodded.

"You're the sweetest person in the world Luke, but don't ever think your problems aren't important enough to tell me about. If something is bothering you, I want to know. I'm gonna drive you to school everyday, and walk you to the front, and make sure you get in safe, okay? I'll pick you up too. I want to know everything about your day." Michael said, holding Luke tighter.

Luke smiled, and kissed Michael's shoulder, holding his hand.

"You're strong, sweetheart, but it's okay to cry." Michael whispered.