two kittens

for -dreaming_hood- (:

-

"luke, i got you a present." michael called as he walked into the living room.

"michael, leave me alone.." luke mumbled, burying his head into the throw pillow on the couch.

"listen, i'm sorry that i forgot to meet you at work to take you to get a kitten. i didn't mean to forget."

"they were doing adoptions all day until 8 and you showed up at 8:05. you knew how excited i was! i've been talking about it all week!" luke cried into the pillow.

"luke, look at me.." michael sighed.

"no.. i'm never looking at you again because that little orange kitty is probably in a home with people who can't love him as much as i can." luke sobbed, and michael playfully rolled his eyes.

"look at me, luke." michael said, and luke shook his head.

"fine, i guess i'll just have to take the kitty back." michael said, and shrugged.

luke's head snapped up, and he looked at michael who was empty handed.

his face fell again and a new round of tears fell from his eyes when he realized michael was probably just messing with him.

"how could you?" luke cried, and michael furrowed his eyebrows for a second while luke turned around.

he quickly realized he left the kitten by the door.

"oh, baby, no. hold on a second." michael said, and ran to the door.

he picked up the little orange kitten in his hand, and carefully walked to the living room. "luke, i'm not messing with you. here, you get to name him and everything."

luke looked up, and his eyes got brighter as he saw the little animal. he took the kitten from michael's hands, and held him close.

"i want his name to be max." luke said, and smiled as he looked at the little creature.

michael sat down beside luke, and wiped the little tears that remained on his face.

"i'm sorry for upsetting you earlier." michael said softly, wrapping his arm around luke's shoulders.

"you redeemed yourself." luke said, and michael smiled, kissing luke's head. "besides, now i have two kittens."

michael furrowed his eyebrows, and looked down at luke.

"two?"

"yeah. i have max, and i have you because you're so cute like a little kitten." luke giggled.

"you're crazy." michael laughed, holding luke close.

"and you're my kitten."