snowed in

"mikey i'm cold.." luke whined, and looked back.

"well what am i supposed to do? the power is out, and it's not like i can just build a fire in the middle of the living room. i told you that we should have gotten a house with a fire place, but no you w-"

"you could come hold me?" luke said calmly, and michael looked over at him.

luke was sitting on the couch in front of the big sliding glass doors, the natural light shining on his beautiful skin. he had a blanket wrapped around him with his hair tossed to one side. the snow was still falling even though there was already a foot deep outside.

"what are we gonna do? it's not like the electric company can really come out here and..."

luke stopped listening to michael's rambling and turned back to the window, watching the pretty frozen flakes fall towards the ground.

he ran his finger over the window, feeling the cold glass.

"luke, are you even listening?" michael asked, and the blond looked back, shaking his head.

"of course not." michael whispered.

"i just don't get why it's such a bad thing.." luke said, and michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"maybe it's bad because we have no power, no heat-"

"but we have each other. no power, no phones, no distractions. i've got you, and that's all i need." luke said, and michael shook his head, walking over to luke, and sitting behind him.

"you're right. i don't know why i'm so frustrated." michael whispered, wrapping his arms around luke's waist, and laying his head on the younger boys shoulder.

"it's okay." luke whispered, and leaned down, kissing michael's head. "look how pretty the snow is."

"look how pretty you are." michael said, sitting up, and squeezing luke's face in his hand.

"mikey, stop it.." luke giggled through his squished cheeks.

michael held luke's face and placed kisses all around it, making luke laugh even more.

luke fell back into michael's arms, the older boy holding him like a baby as he pressed one last kiss to luke's forehead.

"i love you, sweetheart,"

"i love you, mikey."