should be him

for amydunnn

-

luke smiled when he saw michael walk into the bar they were all meeting at.

"he's here.." luke told calum, and bit his lip to hide his smile.

he broke up with michael because of the distance on break. they weren't talking a lot at all, and it just felt like they weren't together anymore.

he told michael to wait up until the break from tour was over, and they'd be back, but he didn't have to.

michael didn't wait.

he had a small brunette by his side, and held onto his hand as he walked over to their table.

luke looked down, and played with the glass of water he had, tapping his fingers on the side.

he wanted to go home more than anything.

michael's new boyfriend had on a loose crop top, showing off his tan skin, with vintage jean shorts, and converse. he looked beautiful, and he wore all of the things luke told michael he was too scared to wear.

luke gave a soft smile when michael introduced danny, but he wishes he could be at michael's side.

"i'm gonna go dance.." danny said, and kissed michael's cheek before running off to the crowd of people.

michael sat on the stool beside luke, and the blonde boy stood up.

"actually, i think i'm gonna get a drink." luke muttered.

"you're supposed to drive us-"

"we can get a cab." luke mumbled, walking away from the table.

he pushed through the crowd of people, and his eyes widened when he saw michael's boyfriend kissing another guy.

he watched as another guy started grinding into him. everyone was clearly drunk, but danny knew exactly what he was doing.

luke walked over, and tapped his arm.

"yeah?" danny asked, not even caring that one of michael's friends just caught him.

"can i talk to you? maybe somewhere more quiet?"

danny smirked, and nodded, grabbing onto luke's wrist. he led him to the bathroom, and luke's eyes widened when his back was pressed up against the wall.

"what do you want to 'talk' about, luke?" he asked, and luke pushed him back a little.

"i want to talk about why you're treating michael like this." luke said, and danny rolled his eyes a little.

"he doesn't have to know. just, cmon..." he whined.

"no. you need to stay away from michael. he doesn't deserve this." luke said harshly.

"i'm not going to do that." danny said, and luke could just feel himself getting angry.

"he deserves someone who won't cheat on him! what is wrong with you? michael is the sweetest person in the world, and i would give anything just to be with him. you don't realize how lucky you are." luke said, and he could tell he was getting upset.

"listen, in not going to stand here and take advice from his ex boyfriend. you're his ex for a reason, and i'm not gonna listen to someone who was in a failed relationship with him. instead of you trying to tell me what to do, what if i give you a few pointers..." he said, stepping closer to luke, and glaring at him. "...the reason michael is with someone like me, and not someone like you is quite obvious. you look disgusting, and if you think for one second michael would ever pick you over me, you're wrong. you're fat, you're ugly, and what michael deserves is someone who doesn't look like you."

"don't be with him if you're not going to love him." luke whispered, tears poking at his eyes.

"aww is luke gonna cry? is he so in love with michael that he can't stand to see him with another boy?" danny asked, and luke crossed his arms.

"see you later, luke- oh wait! no i won't because i'll be too busy in michael's bed."

luke finally let tears fall from his eyes after danny left.

michael deserves more than that.

"you okay?" luke heard, and looked up when michael walked around the wall.

"i'm sorry." luke whispered and wiped his eyes.

"don't apologize. just tell me if you're alright. i heard everything, luke." michael said softly.

luke shook his head, and michael hugged him tightly.

"i thought- i thought that tonight was gonna be like, our night, you know? then you brought a boy, and i was happy for you. then i saw him with other guys, and i just know you deserve more than that. i want you to be happy,"

michael rubbed luke's back.

"when you broke up with me, i didn't tell you, but it was the hardest thing i've had to go through. i met him when i was drunk, and he just kept coming back. i'll never love him the way i love you. i was just scared to let him go because if you had moved on with someone new when i got back, it would've crushed me." michael whispered.

luke wiped his eyes, and looked down.

"and i don't know what he was saying when he called you ugly. you are the most beautiful person to me, and i would give anything to have you back." michael whispered.

"than take me back, michael. i'm so in love with you."

"i love you.." michael whispered, and pressed his forehead to luke's. "...nobody's ever cared like you do. you're an angel, luke hemmings."

luke smiled, and grabbed michael's home.

"what do you say we get home so we can catch up on all the things we missed over the break?" luke asked, his hand on michael's chest.

"oh g- baby, i'm so in love with you."