Chapter 62 | In Need

Ryan was actually pretty excited to see Chris again. They rarely ever got guests, and when they did, it usually wasn't someone they wanted there. Thankfully, there's always been something very warming about Chris. Which was ironic, considering he dressed like a vampire. About twenty minutes after Ryan had gotten home from work, Chris showed up. For the time being, Ricky was still hiding in the back bedroom.

"Where's Ricky?" Chris asked immediately after they'd exchanged hellos.

"Resting. The sedative I gave him yesterday takes awhile to wear off. It makes him drag a bit for a few days. He'll be out a little later for dinner." Ryan replied.

"Anything I can help with?"

"No, you're a guest in our house. I'm not going to put you to work." 

He raised one of his perfectly drawn eyebrows. "True, but I did sleep all day and you just got off a- how long of a shift?"

"Uh, shit, I did ten hours today." Ryan waved it off dismissively, "It's fine. I work in a factory, just doing repetitive shit. It's not too bad."

Chris grabbed some coffee for himself. Only one day back and they were already both comfortable with each other like they'd never skipped a beat. It was actually bothering him that Ryan wouldn't let him help with dinner. That was just the way Chris was, though. He always had this itch to help people. It only took Ryan about ten more minutes to finish prepping everything before he left it to cook in the oven.

He took a seat at the kitchen table with Chris. Back in the same place they were last night, except now they actually have more time to talk. And, thankfully, Ryan wasn't as worried about Ricky. He's come to understand his alters enough to know Ricky should be fine tonight. 

"Do you mind me asking, have anymore alters come out, aside from the one you told me about yesterday?" Chris said.

He sighed, "Yeah. I think, well I hope, that they've all come out and no more will surface. His therapist thinks so too. Still, now, he has a total of six personalities living in him."

Chris' eyes widened in shock. "Six? He only had two the last time I saw him. The host, and the one we never found a name for."

"I call him the unknown now. He's still Ricky, just a different variation of Ricky, if that makes sense. The monster never got an actual name, because I'd rather not breathe more life into him. The others, though, they're full on completely different people with different names, personalities, preferences. It's actually kind of weird, one will like one food and another will hate it. I figured since they all share the same body, their pallets would at least be the same." Ryan snickered.

"No, that would make too much sense." Chris chuckled, "Nothing in our lives makes sense."

"You said it. Aside from the monster, they all aren't really that hard to handle. Well, one is, but in a different way. One of his alters is named Sparrow, and his most prominent trait is that he's very suicidal. If he comes out, I literally can't leave him alone for a second. Thankfully, just like the monster, he very rarely comes out and it's usually short lived. 

The other two I've come to love just as much as Ricky or the unknown. There's Jules, who comes around about every five or six weeks. He's Ricky's only regressed alter, and he's about four or five. Easily the most harmless one and I honestly don't mind taking care of him. He's precious. Then there's Morgan. Morgan comes around the most often, and he's a fucking whore. A kinky as fuck whore, too." 

He put his hand up. "Don't tell me anymore. I hear enough from Mike about him and Devin's sex life as it is."

Ryan laughed, "Yeah? How're they doing? I haven't seen either of them in, man, years."