Chapter 41

*Hayes's POV*

BAM!

"ALYSSA" I jumped off my penny board and sprinted to the body.

I laid down next to Alyssa. She wasn't moving. I think she was knocked unconscious.

(i was gonna say what Cam said when he cut his foot but then i was like nah) "SOMEBODY CALL 9-1-1 NOW" I yelled.

The person who hit her got out of the car and got out his phone.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see her coming" he apologized.

"Yeah well that doesn't help now does it" i cried.

I was having such mixed emotions right now. I was furious and upset and just confused on why this happened. It was like the dream I had.

"What the heck happened" Nash's jaw dropped.

Morgan and Lizzie were crying into each other's shoulders.

"Alyssa. She she she got-" Nash interrupted me trying to get my words out over my crying, which I couldn't.

"Okay okay. Its okay" Nash hugged me.

"I just called 9-1-1. They are on there way" the man told us.

"Thanks i guess" Nash mumbled.

I felt him tense up as he said it.

"Hayes. We have to let the medics take Alyssa to the hospital so they can help her" Nash told me standing up.

I didn't even hear the sirens coming. I guess I was crying too hard.

Nash picked me up and put me on his back. Morgan was hugging Lizzie and Lizzie was still crying hard. Morgan was crying too but not as hard as Lizzie was.

"Can you call Alyssa's mom. I want go to the hospital with her" i told Nash.

"Yeah sure, but I want to go with you too" Nash sniffed.

"Us too" Morgan and Lizzie added.

"I guess you guys can all ride in the ambulance with her because there's no adult with her yet" the medic told us.

"Thank you" Nash weakly smiled at the medic as we all got in the truck.

He smiled back at us warmly and hoped in the back of the truck with all of us. I was holding Alyssa's hand as the oxygen mask was over her face.

The ride to the hospital wasn't long and before I knew it, they were unloading her body again.

"She's in good hands. I promise" said the medic.

It was the same medic who let us all in the back of the truck. I liked him. He was really nice.

"Thanks again" Nash thanked him again.

"No problem" he smiled.

We walked into the hospital and sat in the waiting room. Nash was calling Alyssa's mom.

"Okay thank you" i heard Nash say, "Alyssa mom is on her way. She's leaving her work now. The night lady just came in"

I just nodded.

"Who's here for Alyssa" i heard someone ask.

"We are" Nash stood up and so did me, Morgan, and Lizzie.

"Come this way please" he said.

He walked down a hallway and we followed him. He turned down another hallway and opened a door.

There, laying on the bed, was Alyssa. Her eyes were still closed. I started to tear up again. Lizzie was sitting in a chair crying and Morgan was crying into Nash's shoulder. Nash was crying too.

"She should be fine" the doctor told us, "she lost some blood and has a broken rib. She does have some short term memory loss, but its nothing to worry about. She has some cuts and bruises and thats it"

Nash nodded and smiled at him. Lizzie and Morgan stopped crying, but just looked upset.

"She'll be fine guys" Nash smiled.

We all got in a group hug and just stayed their for awhile.

"Can I come in" Alyssa's mom knocked on the door.

"Yeah" Nash laughed.

We brought her in the group hug for a second and then broke it.

"How is she" her mom asked.

"She's fine. She has a broken rib, some cuts, some bruises, and a little short term memory loss but the doctor said not to worry about it. The usual" Nash smiled at her trying to lighten the situation.

"How did this happen" she asked us.

"Well we were penny-boarding to the frozen yogurt place and she didn't know how to stop. She was asking me how to stop and I was answering her. She turned her head to look at me and a car was coming" i told her looking down, "it was my fault"

"Awww. Sweetie. It wasn't your fault. The car didn't see her coming" she hugged me and I cried softly.

We all turned our heads towards the bed when we heard the moving of sheets.

"Where am i. Why are you all here" Alyssa asked sitting up.

"Well your in the hospital" her mom told her.

"What happened" her eyes went wide.

"A car hit you when you were going down the hill on the penny-board" Nash said to her.

"Oh" she looked down, "so what are my conditions"

"You have a broken rib and some short term memory loss. And some cuts and bruises" her mom smiled at her.

"Well thats good. When can i leave" she asked.

"I'll go ask" her mom left the room.

"I'm just glad your okay, babe. I'm sort-" she interrupted me.

"Babe? I'm not your babe" she looked confused, "we're just friends, remember"

"No i'm your boyfriend" i felt myself tearing up.

"No. Cameron's my boyfriend and i don't know why he's not here" she crossed her arms, "is he in the waiting room or something"

"No" I said through clenched teeth.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Poor Hayes :( Thank you for 7.8k reads. I can't believe i'm so close to 10,000. I want to finish this book quick but that's not going to happen. I really want to start writing my other fan fic cause i have some really good ideas. I can't wait to start writing it :D

-Alyssa🙈