Chapter 44

*Alyssa's POV*

After we watched TV for a little, i stood up.

"I should get going. It's getting late and my mom wants me home" I told them.

"Awww. Okay. See you tomorrow babe" Hayes said hugging me.

"Yeah" Nash hugged me goodbye.

He looked like he was thinking about something after he pulled away from the hug.

"Bye guys" i started walking upstairs.

Hayes followed.

"I'm so happy that you know i'm your boyfriend again" Hayes smiled.

"Yeah me too. Sorry again for not remembering. And for kissing Cam. I really thought he was my boyfriend" i apologized again to him.

"It's okay. I still love you" he kissed me on the forehead and I left.

It was raining a little but not to hard. There was a car parked in front of my house, but on the other side of the road. I tried seeing who was inside, but couldn't.

I walked over to my house and was about to get the key out when I heard a car door open. I turned my head to see Cam getting out of the car

"Cam" I asked the figure walking towards me.

"Yeah. Its me" he chuckled a little coming into the porch light.

"Not to be mean, but what are you doing here" i questioned him.

"Well i don't really know. I mean i do know but" he scratched the back of his neck.

"Come inside" i told him.

He smiled and followed me in.

"Mom. I'm home. Cam's with me" I shouted.

"You don't have to shout. I'm in the kitchen" she replied coming form the kitchen.

"Well i didn't know where you were. Me and Cam are going to hang out upstairs" I started walking up the stairs, but got stopped.

My mom cleared her throat and I looked at her. She had an eyebrow raised. I knew what she was thinking.

"I know mom" I rolled my eyes, "Come on Cam"

I walked up the stairs. Cam said goodbye to my mom and followed me. I opened my door and waited for Cam to get up the stairs.

"Come on slow poke" I laughed at him.

"Well sorry i don't go on all fours when I walk up the stairs like you" he laughed back.

When he got to the top, he was staring at me. I was staring back. I loved his chocolate eyes and his deep jaw line. He was just so- wait. I have a boyfriend and its not Cam. Ugh. This is going to be so hard. I broke eye contact remembering about Hayes.

"So why did you come here" i asked him walking into my room and sitting on my bed.

"Oh yeah. I uh came back because of you" he smiled looking at the carpet.

"What do you mean you came back for me" i scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well because, I... I like you" he said looking into my eyes, "When i meet you at MagCon, i instantly liked you. And when you thought I was your boyfriend, i was so happy. You could have thought Nash was your boyfriend or your ex boyfriend was your boyfriend. But no. You picked me. Or you thought it was me"

I was shocked. I mean, i remember him smiling at me at MagCon but i didn't really think that much of it.

"Thats so sweet, but-" i started.

"But you can't be with me because of Hayes. I know. I just wanted to tell you how i really feel. Can we be friends" he asked still looking at me.

"Of course" i smiled.

I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"I should get going. Its late and my mom will probably get worried if i'm not back soon" he said breaking the hug.

"Okay. See you tomorrow" I smiled.

We walked downstairs and I walked him out.

"Goodnight Cam" I said from the doorway.

"Night" he smiled and walked back to his car.

It was raining a little harder than before now. I watched him get in his car and start it. He drove off and i closed the door and locked it.

I went upstairs and went into the bathroom. I got out the painkillers for my rib, which surprisingly, wasn't bothering me. I brushed my teeth and walked out. I yelled goodnight to my mom and went to bed.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I know its a little short but at least i updated. Digi is tomorrow and i'm so excitedly. I can't wait. Thanks for 8.5K reads. I hope I have time to update soon cause my weekend is packed

-Alyssa🙈