*Wendy x Abused!Suicidal!Reader Part 2*

Start from the beginning

Wendy grinned with sad eyes and nodded, shuffling to sit more comfortably next to you while tugging at your sleeve to make you lean on her shoulder. Apparently when she was younger, and still with Grandeeney, if Wendy got upset, the dragon would bring her closer and wrap a giant wing around the bluenette's small frame, so this was her way of replicating that. "Yep! I got your favourite meal, but that's unimportant at the moment. How are you feeling?"

You just shrugged, not really knowing how to describe your emotions, and more importantly you didn't want to. The atmosphere in the room was still and tense, as if even the air held a breath, waiting for what was to come next.

Wendy wasn't fazed by your silence, as the silences themselves spoke volumes, so she knew all that was needed. Standing up, she smiled in her usual innocently happy way, and left the room to give you some space; if you wanted her company, you would usually seek her out. But this time, something was different. Your thoughts had wandered and memories that were best left untouched were brought up; they were of your earlier childhood, and the abuse you suffered.

• • •

You sat alone in your cell-like room that you were kept in. By the way you were treated, it was more like being put in a cage, as the people that kept you captive acted as if they owned you, taking you out for brief periods of time before enclosing you again. To them, you were like an animal.

It was cold and damp, with the smells of age and decay lingering in the air of the unpleasant space. You hated it. There was no means of escape, as you were guarded, and possessed only a small skylight, so all hope was lost to your mind. You may have been youthful, but any traces of juvenile hope or the happy-go-lucky attitude of children was wiped clean from you; you were mentally aged way above your years.

The only form of escape you had found was hurting yourself. They hurt you which made you hurt you, it was an endless and viscous cycle. But even then, you didn't have anything sharp, and they wouldn't be happy to find unsightly scars on your body, so, you scratched at the skin on your wrists. They were often bound anyway, so no one cared enough to stop you.

You sat in complete solitude, cross legged on the mattress they called a bed, shaking and quivering as tears rolled down your cheeks and your wrist burned and stung painfully. You had clawed at it in a fit of frustration, sadness and anger, so that the area was red and raw. You stared at it, wishing that somehow the wound would make you situation better, when nothing else could.

Suddenly becoming aware of reality again, you had to take a moment to disconnect from the daydream-like state you were just in, like catching your breath after swimming underwater. Just as back then, your body shivered and you had begun to cry, simply by remembering what you endured. Rolling back your sleeve, you glanced at the state of your wrist, where the skin was tighter and distorted with the layers of scar tissue, serving as a permanent reminder for every day that you turned to that one method of release.

Letting your arm drop, you sat slumped slightly, limp like, as the world appeared to jolt and pause at the same time. There was a tight frustration in your chest, with your heart running faster than it ever should, and in your stomach you felt sick, while anxiousness wracked your whole body. The shaking just emphasised the hyper inflated emotions that ran through your nerves, as if you'd just had an overdose of caffeine.

You knew you needed Wendy, but you felt too embarrassed to call out to her, and you were too reluctant to move to go and find her. Once again, you were stuck. The sickness persisted until you felt distinctly nauseous, your head spun, and your chest constricted. Your limbs wouldn't move, and in your mind was a war zone, thinking over the abuse of your past and the day you stood on the edge of a building. Standing up there felt like you were at the edge of the world, and you wondered why you hadn't jumped.

As soon as the thought crossed your mind you feel horrified, that even after all the progress you'd made, you were still thinking like that. Wendy, Charla, and all your friends had done so much to help, and granted the frequency of episodes like this was much less, but they still persisted.

Right on cue, Wendy walked in the door, carrying two mugs of warm tea and had a dvd under her arm. As soon as she looked at you, a small sense of relief washed over her, as she'd made the right decision in coming back to check up on you. "I brought tea, and a film." She said softly, placing down the mugs and dvd to sit next to you once more.

Her presence alone was enough to calm you to a manageable state, so the sight of her brought you relief also. "Thank you..." You managed to say, wiping your face of the tears and picking up the hot ceramic mug, holding it in your hands to warm up your body, despite not being cold.

"Do you want to watch a film?" She asked, gesturing to the case that she brought, being one of your known favourites. "A hot drink and a film is always a good medicine." She continued with an encouraging smile, so that you nodded and turned the corners of your lips up as well. This time it felt genuine, as your eyes responded also, which was a response few could elicit from you on days such as this one.

Wendy didn't need her magic to be able to heal people, as she was just the type of person to know their perfect remedy that didn't revolve around medicine, to be able to heal them by eliciting positive emotions within their bodies, and that's exactly what she was doing for you. She was making you happy again.

• • •

A/N, as a generally angsty teen, I tend to get too into chapters like this, so I hope you enjoyed. Although I am sorry if you found the subject matter upsetting.
Comment and vote!
~Merry <3

Next up: *Laxus x Sassy!Stubborn!Reader*