Chapter 28: Mixed Emotions

Danielle's POV

Me and Tori were sitting at lunch, talking about the news of the day when Lydia mf Farley had to show up.

"Heyyyyyy guys, um Tori can I talk to you for a minute alone?"  Lydia chirped.

"Um, sure" Tori answered as they walked away and I proceeded to text Tristan and talk shit about Lydia to him.

"Um, Dani, we got a problem. One, Lydia said Tate is a fuckboy. Two, Lydia signed us up for the talent show." Tori announced when she came back.

"Wait, WHAT?" I answered, choking on my food in the process.

"Dont worry, we will suffer through it." Tori said, rolling her eyes as we threw our trash away.

Tristan met me up later in the hallway and asked if we could hang out.

"Nope, I have to stay after. Lydia Farley enrolled us in the stupid talent show."

"No way. I'll be more than willing to help!" Tristan said like he was actually excited about it.

"Oh, hell....knowing you it's gonna be either Jeffree Star, Madonna, or Katy Perry you wanna sing and it's not gonna work." I sighed.

"What do you mean by that?" Tristan asked, puzzled out of his mind.

"What I just said, faggot." I laughed as I punched him in the arm and we walked to the auditorium. I saw Tori and waved her over.

"Let's just get this over with, dude." I said as I opened the door and...GREEN LIGHTING??? Oh hell nah, nigga!!!

I tried to walk out but Tori grabbed me by the arm and said "It's ok...it's just Lydia, not Maddie."

"I thought these lights were sooooo perfect for our savage performance." Lydia squealed out on the stage, putting an emphasis on the word savage just to get under my skin.

"So what song are we gonna do, Lydia? We have lives of our own, you know. We're not theater kids and we do not have time for this." Emma grouched.

"'NOBODY'S PERFECT' BY HANNAH MONTANA!!!!" Lydia screamed in the microphone, causing it to react with an ear-splitting sound.

"What are we, five years old?" I asked in an ill mood myself.

"Um, Roar by Katy Perry?" Tori piped up.

I looked at her with a withering stare.

"I don't know, don't look at me like that, you hoe!" Tori shot back.

"Oh, I know....I'm a songwriter so let's use one of my songs. I actually have the dance and everything in place. It's fairly easy." I replied, satisfied at outdoing Lydia Farley at something.

Lydia, pissed off that we weren't doing her song, nodded glumly. Tori looked at me like "oh thank God you just saved our lives"

Tristan and Jaden pulled in and...Jace?

"Hey, bitches!!!" Jaden yelled, hoping to get an echo.

"Keep your voice down!!!" Tori shrieked.

"We heard you need dancers, so here we are!!!" Tristan laughed.

"Who told you we needed dancers?" I asked, and I looked at Lydia. That sheepish look was a dead giveaway.

"Well, we are here. What song will it be?" Jace asked.

"Um, it's one of Dani's own songs." Tori answered.

"Oooooh girlllll" Jaden laughed, causing an echo again. That child, I swear, is gonna get it one day!