Chapter 24: I'm Sorry

-Danielle's POV-

"Just trust me on this, okay?" I whispered as me and Tristan walked down the hallway towards the art closet.

"I mean I do, but like why are we doing this?" Tristan freaked out.

"Okay, so before you go nuclear, I didn't kill anyone or rob the bank. I just asked Hogan for the art closet key."

"Was sucking dick the method you used?" Tristan snickered.

"Oh, Tris, have faith in me. I'm not that much of a hoe. I just told him that if he gave me Daddy issues about it he wouldn't live to be one..." I laughed as we arrived at the door .

"Daddy issues?" Tristan asked, puzzled to the max.

"It's a ghetto term for boyfriend problems...except he technically isn't my boyfriend," I said, confusing myself as I stuck the key in the latch, turned it sideways, and barely a second went by before we were in.

I breathed a sigh of relief, and I began to explain the plan.

"Okay so we are going to get some supplies and get out of here."

"What are they for?"

"An apology poster for Tori. The way to get out of class is to say this is for yearbook. They are  making posters in yearbook, right?"
I asked.

"Well yeah, to sell senior ads."

"Perfect, now get us a piece of posterboard before the next millennium hits," I said as I collected the markers.

A crash and a bang was my response....

"Well R2D2, are you finished tearing everything up?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes, Leia, I am," Tristan said as he pulled out a posterboard.

"What colors did you pick?" he continued. 

"Black and red. Those are Tori's favorites."

"School colors?"

"We both are in band....call it...spirit I guess."

"Oh I love Spirit!!" he squeaked.

Ew. Squeaks though.

"Of course you do, you fag," I laughed.

We waltzed out of the closet like Ellen, and I slammed the door shut being the goof I am. I locked the door back and turned...only to smack my head on Coach Hogan's chest! As provocative as it sounds, it really hurt!!

After seeing more moons and stars than Star Wars could ever record for two minutes, I regained my composure and he said, "I came to get my key."

"Well I swallowed the one to my heart so the only other key is this one." I snapped.

"No kidding. What's with your attitude?" he sprung back.

"What's with your cheating? Don't try to be innocent. I know what you did."

"Danielle, this is what I'm trying to tell you. I never cheated on you. That was a rumor Lydia Farley told everyone to hide the fact she's been fucking the gym teacher. Miranda's STD rumor made everyone forget though. Danielle, I....I love you."

"Then...why....why did you not tell me Lucas?" I said using his first name for the first time ever.

"Uh, that Jewish temper of yours?" he cracked back.

"Oh....right....well call me later?"

"Sure, Dani," he said as he hugged me.

Tristan coughed, and we sprang off each other like a ball off a wall.