Chapter 3: Summertime Sadness

So quick warning here at the beginning of the story. There is a sex scene in this chapter, so if you don't want to read it, you can skip it. It will be marked so you can skip it if you would like.

~Emmalyn and Danielle
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

-Victoria's POV-

Ah... First day of school is over... Only thing I didn't like was being told by Mr. Weston that I have to get my schedule changed because of me being in drumline... Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why did I have to be so talented to be accepted to drumline?!?! 4th block Band is that only class I have with my boyfriend, and just my luck... My schedule is being changed... FML

I'm sitting here on the curb next to my drum. I'm waiting for Weston to start practice after all of the cars get out of the parking lot. The back parking lot is the band's practice field. I don't know why. It's always been like that, I think.

"Hey Tori," I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around and saw James.

"Hey James," I reply casually while turning back around. I was hoping it would have been Hunter, but for all I know, he's jacking off in the band building bathroom.

"What's shaking bacon?" He asks. I hesitated to answer. Do I tell him that I feel depressed?

"Nothing much.. Just wishing practice was over already," I reply quietly. It's the beginning of the season, and I already hate having practice after school. I guess that's what happens when you're in the high school marching band.

"Oh, same. I think everyone does," he replies. I look behind me and up at James when I notice the other quad player, Jason, motion me over. I nod and get up. I put my drum carrier on along with my drum and fasten the back strap.

"I'll see you later, James," I say then walk over to the rest of drumline.

"Hey Tori. We're going to go on ahead and warm up. Ashton said we should get warmed up before practice," Jason tells me when I walk up. I nod slightly and follow him towards the rest of drumline.

In drumline, we have nine people total. Two quad/tenor players. Three snares and four basses. Jason Matthews and I are on tenors. Ashton Lawrence, John Bruno, and Justin Cameron are on snare. Then we have Stefanie Hernandez, Breanna Knightingale, Jason Brown (who we all call Chris), and Trent Simmons are on bass.

After we do our warm ups, we go over to the field and get set up in our opening sets. We were going to start with a full run-thru of the show. Why? I have no idea.

All during practice, I kept catching Hunter staring at me. I know he does it because he finds me beautiful (bitch, where?) and he loves me, but I wasn't in the mood.

After practice was over, I grabbed my water jug and started walking back to the band room. While walking to the band room, the girl from the bus runs up to me. I can't ever remember her name. Danielle?? She looked a little winded, like she just ran to save her life.

"Hey, um, Tori" she said nervously.

"Hey," I said awkwardly. This was going to be a strange conversation, but I might as well get to know her...

-Danielle's POV-

I sat outside the school's back parking lot watching the drumline practice their routine while listening to the cheers coming from the cheerleaders on the football field. Honestly, I didn't know why I stayed after school. I wasn't officially a part of the band yet. I guess because I didn't want to go home right then? Here I was once again by myself. What was new?

I mean, come on. Here I am at a new school. I don't know anyone at all. I have only two friends and a teacher who I have the hots for under my belt for all my hard work and determination. Like wow, who knew I could lead SUCH an interesting life!!!