Chapter 19: Exorcism?

-Tori's POV-

'Hey Tori. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry... I just couldn't be with you anymore. I don't know what I was thinking when I asked you out. Maybe I just wanted to say I had a girlfriend... idk.. but I'm sorry. We weren't meant to be. I don't love you. -Hunter'

I woke up Saturday morning to a text from Hunter... I knew he didn't love me, but I didn't know he just wanted me to say that he had a girlfriend... I started crying... I didn't know what to do.

"Dani... I'm sorry..." I went to text Danielle... but I remembered what Maddie said.

"Hey Jake..." I sent to Jake. Not even a second later, I get response.

"Hey love. You okay?" Jake responded.

"No.. I'm not. What about you?" I responded.

"I'm fine. But I want to know what's wrong."

"My ex texted me saying that he never loved me and that he only asked me out to say he had a gf..."

No response...

I sighed. Of course he wouldn't respond once I said that... I guess it's okay.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

"GET UP! WE'RE LEAVING AND YOU CAN EITHER SHOW UP OR STAY HOME!!" I heard Mark yell. I decided to just stay inside. I'd rather stay home and starve than go out and be yelled at every five minutes.

"No thanks. I'll stay here," I said quietly.

"I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO COME ALONG ANYWAY, YOU SLUT!" Mark yelled. I heard him walk down the hall and outside. I sighed. All I wanted was to talk to someone... But I had no one.

"Baby?" My mom asked coming into my room. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, momma," I say hoping she will leave. I love my mom, but she does nothing about Mark...

"You know Mark is just cutting up with you, right?" Mom asks.

"He has a funny way off showing it... I know he's part of the reason we're up here... But the least he could do is act like he cares..." I say instantly regretting telling my mom that.

"Sweetie, give him time. You know how Gabriella and Kalley treated him due to Mary. He's still not over it, but you're the only one he has left. Respect that," mom says.

"He has always treated me like that momma. He treated Gabi and Kalley like queens," I said. Mom sighed.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help that," mom said leaving my room. I wanted to cry. Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

"Sorry. Had to do chores, " Jake responds.

"You could have told me..." I respond back immediately. That's what I hate about myself. I respond immediately, yet it takes people ten hours to respond back to me...

"I'm sorry. I would have, but I wasn't able to"

"Whatever. I have to go"

I laid down on my bed annoyed. I heard my mom leave. I was officially home alone. Yay... note my sarcasm.

"You know I never said you had to stay home all the time," a voice coming from the corner of my room said. I sat up to see Maddie.

"Why are you here?" I question.

"To remind you that you have somewhere to be," Maddie responded.

"And where's that?" I question with anger laced in my voice.

"Oh, you know, the church. The church that will haunt you and Danielle. The church where everything is going to go down at," Maddie said.

"Why will everything go down at a church? It's not like you can see the future," I said.