Chapter 17: Chamber of Horrors

FREAKY CONTENT INVOLVING PARANORMAL ACTIVITY... PLEASE BE ADVISED...

Danielle's POV

I awoke in a convent far away from everyone. Only it was.... Wait... Friday? Last time I remembered, it was Saturday afternoon, the day of band pictures.

One of the Sisters came to my bedside with a smile. "God bless, you are awake at last. I am Sister Miriam, and your family has instructed me to oversee you. You have had brain fever for almost a whole week and have finally awakened."

"Oh, was it really as bad as that?" I asked her in a frightened tone.

"Yes. You kept referencing a girl by the name of... Maddie Hall?" Sister Miriam inquired.

"Oh yes... I must tell someone what is happening," I said as she sat down upon the bed. I told her everything, from my first day of school to when Maddie Hall spoke to be in the bathroom. One by one, the nuns joined her until everyone was listening to the horrific story of the past few days.

Suddenly, the door slammed shut, and we all looked up. The limp body of Tori suddenly started moving.... or was it Tori?

"Well. Well. Well. Danielle Stone. Enjoy frightening the nuns with stories of me?" said none other than the one and only Maddie Hall.

In unison, the nuns began to pull out their rosaries and held them up to the light aiming them in her direction. I limply held up my Star of David necklace. At least I was being helpful!

Suddenly, an ear piercing scream came from her mouth, shattering the glass in the room and probably the whole place. At most my eardrums, but that's not the point...... Sister Miriam led the nuns away as Maddie got up and kept coming in my direction, scratching and clawing the air. I noticed that she paid not one bit of attention to the nuns, but instead kept following me.

"Why do you do this to me?" I asked her.

"Because you have the answers right in front of you. Why dont you ask your precious Ima who Maddie Hall is. She remembers me, but then again, I forgot. I have to kill you now," She said as she pulled long pieces of wood from a side table and threw them at me like they were fucking spears.

I ran outside and slammed the door on her causing her to scream hideously and bang on the door.

"YOU...WON'T...GET...AWAY....WITH....THIS!!!" she screamed as she then fainted against the door.

Sister Miriam urged the nuns to go to the chapel while she took me aside and said, "You need to be careful Danielle. The only way to get rid of her is to exorcise her from not just you but from everything associated with you."

"And how do we do that?" I asked.

"First you have a game to go to....Coach Hogan needs you to cheer on his team...and then both of you return with Jason to the convent. And hopefully you bring the real Tori. She's out there somewhere. Go. Now," she said as I walked outside.

I eventually walked the short distance to school and threw open the band room door. Suddenly everyone in the room gathered around me saying "She's alive!"

I had texted Tori earlier and had heard nothing so I heard my phone buzz...Hoping it was her, I looked at it and it said,

"Hey, remember me?"

I typed back, "No, who the hell are you?"

The answer, "It's me, Jace. From Hebrew school."

I almost dropped the phone, "OMG! Jace! Yes, how've you been?"

"I've been great. Wyd?"

"Band practice. Fixing to go out on the field for a home game. Text you later?"

"Yeah sure....see ya."

"Luv you." I typed as I grabbed my xylophone and headed out with pit. Maddie Hall wasn't gonna bring me down!

Song of the Day; Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time by Panic! At The Disco