I stepped into the bathroom, and there lay Katie, pills in hand and blood all around her. I tried to run to her but every step I took seemed to only make me further away. I screamed out her name but she didn't hear me. By the time I finally reached her, she was putting those bloody pills in her mouth and swallowing and I heard her whisper something before her head flopped back an her eyes rolled back into her head, her mouth still slightly open.
"Why didn't you try and save me, Luke?"

I woke up with a start, falling to the floor with a thud and my heart was still racing. Where is Katie? Is she ok? I was panicking, trying to figure out where I was, my body covered in sweat. Then I heard a soft whimper coming from somewhere close to me. Then I remembered. I was in the hospital room and I was sleeping on the chair, which explained my cramped legs and sore back. Katie is ok. She is alive. It was nothing but a dream.
I feel my way to the wall and follow my. charger chord to my phone to check the time.
2:30am.
With a sigh I sit back down on my chair, knowing I wasn't going to fall back to sleep anytime soon. Then I heard another whimper, and a sniffle.
"Katie?" I whisper.
"Luke?"
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"I had a nightmare" She sniffs.
"Me too. Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her and she replies with a no. "Try get back to sleep, babe" I advise her.
"Luke?"
"Yeah bub?"
"Could you please get in here with me. I don't want to be alone" She cries, sounding like she could snap at any moment.
"Of course" I say and I feel my way to the bed, sliding in next to her carefully so that I wouldn't hurt her. She cuddles into my side and I hold her close to my body, but not tightly enough to cause her any pain and it's amazing how quickly she begins to snore and how closely I follow her.
.
.
.
.
I strolled through the halls in search for the hospital cafe. Katie was getting some tests done to make sure she was right to go home so I took the chance to feed my grumbling belly. I finally reached it and picked out some chocolate cake, a sausage roll (that looked a lot better than the one Katie gagged on last night), and a bacon and egg roll. The man behind the counter hands me all my food and I smile at him and hand him the money before sitting down at one of the tables to eat.
"Excuse me, Luke isn't it?" I look up to see Jenny, the nurse, standing above me.
"That's me" I say with a smile.
"Do you mind if I sit down for a minute?"
"Go for it" I say, nodding to the empty chair opposite me as I start to dig into my food.
"Right, so, this really isn't my business and I don't usually do this but I just wanted to talk to you about something" She says really quickly in a hushed voice.
"Sure" I nod, wanting her to continue.
"Ok, your girlfriend-"
"Oh, no we are just friends" I correct her.
"Really?" She says and I nod. "Right, ok, well Katie seems like a very lovely girl and when you left yesterday I had a bit of a chat to her about some things and I just wanted to advise you that she has a lot going on with her, so just look out for her, please" The woman tells me.
"Of course, I can't imagine doing anything else" I assure her.
"You know, you too are very different to most teenagers that come in here" She tells me.
"How so?"
"You're just a lot more... mature. It's a good thing, don't worry. I trust that you will look after her. Just, try not to suffocate her too much though. I can tell you now, you will only make it worse by making her feel like a child that can't take care of herself. Katie seems like a very independent girl, so just respect that. She will want someone there for her too, though. Although this is probably only confusing you, try to keep it in mind because that girl is definitely something special" Jenny finishes and stands to her feet before abruptly walking away, shooting a quick goodbye over her shoulder after muttering something about patients she needs to get to.
So I finish my food on the way to Kate's room, pondering over Jenny's words and once I get to room 207, I have eaten the last of my bacon & egg roll. I open the door and find Katie sitting up on the bed in the clothes Chloe had brought over for her last night. The drip in her arm is gone and a large jumper covers the bandages of her body.
"You all clear?" I ask her and she nods. I smile, walking over and hugging her tightly and she hugs me back, letting out a sigh.
"I'm so glad to be leaving this place" She whispers into my chest.
"Me too. Now, let's get going" I say and she pulls away from me. I help her down off of the bed and she winces, her legs obviously still hurting a bit. I grab the backpack that Chloe had brought our spare clothes in, and put it on my back before grabbing Katie's hand and helping her out of her room and through the corridors to the front desk. We fill out some paper work before we are allowed to go, and we walk together through the automatic doors and out to my car.
I open her door for her and then rush around to my own side, throwing the bag in before jumping in myself and turning the key in the ignition.
"Luke?"
"Yeah babe?"
"Can you take me to your place? I don't want to go back to mine. Not yet" She says softly and I nod, smiling at her slightly. I put my hand in hers and she plays with my fingers as they rest in her lap. Tingles shoot through me from her touch, and the feeling is like nothing I've ever experienced before but I ignore it. Neither of us are in a place for something like this at the moment, and as hard as it is, I have to wait. Not just for myself, but for her.
For us.

----------------------------------------

Wow. I went from like 50 reads to 260 in less than 24 hours and I just can't explain how happy I am.
Oh, and Willow voted and I actually started crying at school like wow how did that even happen what the hell. If you aren't already, everyone needs to read her Luke fic called Aisle 5 it's actually the greatest thing I've ever read like wow. She's so talented I cri.

If anyone wants to talk to me (lol I doubt it oh well) feel free to and please do I promise I only bite when I'm hungry (most of the time)
Snapchat: hiorhemmo
Twitter: maydayhemmxngs

Thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting you all make me so happy. I love you all and please keep it up because you all make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :--) xx