Schultz : Annie is a good melee fighter, there are only a handful of people who could compete against her. And the poor guy who she just knocked out. His name is Eren Jäger, his father was quite famous.

"Who was his father ? A governor ?" 

"People say that he was a really good doctor. But he passed away after the Colossal Titan attacked. Eren lost both of his parents and witnessed the Colossal Titan's devastation first hand. Just imagine, it must have been hard for him." He sighed.

"Well you should train him more harder then because he's getting his ass kicked. And probably the reason why he joined the army must be out of vengeance."

"Revenge eh ? Yeah, you might be right." He nodded in agreement.

You kept staring at Annie, observing her every single move. And you were mesmerized by her beauty. That cold and emotionless expression on her face. And her diamond like blue eyes were truly beautiful.

"Aaah, fucking pervert. Instead of staring at her, just go and ask her out. Because you look like a creep right now." Schultz lightly hit you in the back and laughed.

"Yeah..... right."

"C'mon ! Man up."

Hours have passed smoothly and it was already dark outside. Fortunately they had a spare bed for you in the officers' barracks, before hitting the hay, you decided to take a walk and get some fresh air while you can. It was quiet and relaxing and there were not that many people outside. Most of them had already gone to sleep. You kept on moving and as you got closer to the training room, the sound of someone kicking something can be heard. So you decided to investigate and entered into the training room. And by your surprise you saw Annie, she was still practicing, you knocked on the door in order to let her know your presence.

"Annie right ? Annie Leonhardt?"

"Yes and you are?"

"My name is F/N L/N, lieutenant of the Military Police Brigade. And I believe we saw each other when I was talking to one of your instructors this afternoon."

"And before that you were staring at me."

"Fucking idiot, she noticed that you were staring her. Bloody hell! I'm really embarrassed of myself." You cursed yourself inside your head. And quickly replied. "Yes, and I apologize for that. Also I didn't come here with any weird intentions."

"Okay, and it's a pleasure to meet with you, sir." She said in a low whisper.

"So why are you still practicing this late? It's clear that you're a great fighter, are you perhaps by any chance competing against someone?"

"No, I was just practicing in order to relieve stress and clear my head. And what about you, sir. What are you doing here?"

"Same as you, wanted to get some fresh air while I can. By the way how old are you? Who taught you martial arts?" You asked but she didn't reply.

"Those are personal information and I cannot share it with you. And don't you think you're trying to intrude into my personal life. Even though we just met, sir." She slowly stepped back as she replied.

"No, don't get the wrong idea, I'm not feeling today. So I might speak nonsense before I think." You nodded your head and looked at her. But she still had that look of suspicion. You decided leave the training room in order to get out of that awkward situation but suddenly she grabbed your hand and ran to the window.

"Quickly, get out! Get out!" She yelled.

Even before you could ask why she was asking like that she pushed out of the window and then she jumped out of the window herself. Before you could speak, she put her hand on your mouth. Then you heard someone entering the room. "Is anybody there?" The guard asked. You two stayed like that until the coast was clear.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because I'd be punished if I were caught practicing this late without any permission and if you and I were caught together then I'd be in a big trouble. You know they might get the wrong idea." She stood up and looked around. Making sure that the guard was gone.

"Well, since we can't go back at the moment. Why don't we go for a walk? In the forest of course. If I remember correctly then there's a forest nearby." You offered your hand to her and she hesitantly accepted it. When your hands touched something went off inside you. Because your heart was racing much faster than usual. And to your surprise Annie blushed which meant you weren't the only one who felt it.

"Can you tell me why are we doing this again?" Annie questioned.

"I don't know like I said, I might do weird things because I'm not feeling well today. But since you agreed to go for a walk. Then let's make the most of it." You told her.

/You bloody idiot ! Is that all you can think of? Ooh by the Lord please kill me./

"Okay."

"So why did you decide to join the army in the first place?"

"I can't tell you the reason but I had to."

"Do your parents know about it?"

"I've been alone most of my life." She told you in a whisper.

You felt bad about asking it "I'm sorry that I didn't know you were an orphan."

"No, no, I'm not an orphan. I've a father, he was the one who taught me martial arts but I don't know if he sees me as a family." She said as she bit her lip.

"You've a lot of pain, don't you?"

She nodded her head and looked at you "Do you?" She asked you.

"Of course, I do." You stopped in your tracks and gently squeezed her hand. But she quickly retreated her hand.

"This is getting a little bit weird and I think we should go back."

"Right, sorry about that."

You two came back to the camp and parted ways. She headed to the girls' barracks. You threw your body on the bed and dozed off.

Annie quietly sneaked into the barracks and took off her clothes, preparing herself to sleep after a long day. She was quite nervous after her sudden encounter with you. At first she thought she had messed up and the Military Police Brigade got wind of her activities and finally tracked her down. She immediately regretted following Kenny and nearly got caught a few weeks ago. But she was relieved when she learnt that you were a friend of an instructor who came to the camp to pay a visit.

"Why do I have to do it all alone? That shitty Reiner and Bertholdt acting like they are innocent and making friends. Leaving me all by myself to do all the dirty work. And comes to me only when they decided to talk about the mission. Warriors they truly are." Annie cursed her fellow warriors in her head as she laid down on the bed. She caressed her hand which you squeezed earlier and let out a deep sigh.

"That MP lieutenant, Y/N. I guess he's definitely into me. Well, I could use him as a means to get information about the founding Titan and the royal family. But I kinda feel bad about him." She rolled around and faced upwards, now staring at the ceiling.

"But we've to fulfill our mission no matter the cost. We can't just turn back now since we came all the way here. So put aside your emotions and feelings, Annie. They will get in the way." Annie told herself and yawned.

End of chapter 4
Hope you guys enjoyed it !