Fifteen

Ellise took a deep breath looking at Diego from the other side of the glass.  He had his hand rested against Steven's chair as he had his lower lip sucked between his teeth. She closed her eyes before looking down at her phone that displayed the lyrics she had typed down not long ago.

"Yo, I just wanna be ya rider, you should pull up in that Spyder
You should let me hit the mic, and I ain't talking about the fighter
Get it lit without a lighter, let's pull an all-nighter
Tell me-tell me what you need, got the weed, I'm a bad little bitch and I never indict her
Get locked, I'mma write ya, you on the road? I'mma Skype ya
I don't wanna hype ya, but you a lucky nigga if my mean ass like ya"

The guys shook their heads looking over at each other as they listened to Ellise's voice boom through the speakers. They were all in 'wow' noticing that it wasn't all that bad.

"Didn't think i'd ever hear her say nigga," Diego laughed looking up to meet her gaze as her face turned a bright shade of pink. 

Steven started bobbing his head back and forth before adding a small beat behind her words.

"You ain't never have a bitch understand you, most of them wanna use you when they ran through
I just wanna be somebody that can add to, your wife, be a friend, be a teacher and a fan too
I just wanna listen, when you leave I say "damn, I fucking miss him"
I just wanna be your vixen, give you something real wet to put your lips in
I wanna be the only one that can check you, and still respect you
Cause it's you I would change for, you always make sure"

Ellise slowly put the headphones back near the microphone before stepping away.  She was afraid to look at the guys' reactions considering they were professional musical artists.  Although, it wasn't ever her style to go into any type of rap career.

She exited the booth hearing the guys laugh and clap as she shot her head up at them. 

"That was fucking dope," Pump said inhaling his blunt before walking towards her, "take a puff you deserve it."

"I-I don't smoke," Ellise stuttered becoming nervous just like she was when she first met them.

Pump nodded his head before making his way towards the couch plopping down onto it, "Ugh i feel..so..so high," he laughed.

Diego walked up to Ellise wrapping his arms around her shoulders as he pulled her into a hug.  Her hands quickly found his waist as she buried her face into his chest.

"That was so embarrassing," she groaned, "i sounded like shit."

He pulled away from her looking down with a confused look, "you were fucking great.  Didn't expect you to say the things that you said because yanno...you claim you're a good girl."

Ellise rolled her eyes looking up at him to meet his eyes, "maybe i was just bored and came up with it."

"Or maybe you're actually a bad little bitch like you claimed to be in that song."

Ellise walked away from him standing over beside the guys as Steven continued adding beats to her small but hype rap.

"Am not.  I made it up."

"Sureeee," Diego said following her draping his arm around her.

"How's this?" Steven asked playing the beat along with her recorded voice as it played through.  Ellise sunk her face in her hands feeling completely overwhelmed.

"It sounds nice but it's so not me.  Please don't let anybody listen to that."

"It's so good though," Trippie included sitting on the ground leaning up against the tall speaker, "you can be a pop star."

"Shut up," she snarked, "that will never be me. Fame won't ever be my thing."

"Who doesn't wanna be famous?" Diego asked looking down at Ellise who was holding his hand in hers as it wrapped around her shoulder.

"Uh me.  No thanks, i'd like to keep my private life."

"Now what if you were a famous author or journalist?" Diego asked already knowing what her answer would be.

"I'd love that," she mumbled looking down at the ground, "but you know what i meant," she answered elbowing his ribs.

"Ow," he said lowly looking over at Steven mumbling music ideas to himself thinking they were actually listening. He looked over at Pump who was fast asleep onto the couch. 

"Ready to go?" Diego asked looking down at Ellise knowing it was going to be late soon.

"Actually yes," she smiled up at him.

"Alright.  Hey guys!" Diego said getting the guys' attention.  Except Pump's, "we're going to head out.  It was nice seeing you guys."

"It was such a pleasure to meet you," Steven said as he removed himself from his chair making his way towards Ellise.  He picked up her hand kissing it lightly giving her a wink.

"Okay that's not happening," Diego replied over protective of his friend.

"Bye gorgeous," Trippie winked towards her knowing it was going to drive Diego insane.

It was almost as if he was obsessed with her.

"It was nice seeing you guys," she blushed before turning towards Diego, "ready?"

"Hold up!" Trippie said getting up from the floor, "Let me see your phone," he motioned towards Ellise before she unlocked her phone handing it to him.

He typed something into her phone before handing it back, "text me," he smiled going back to his position on the floor.

"Let's go," Diego snarled grabbing Ellise's hand walking out the studio doors. He held onto her wrist firmly as they made their way through the parking lot.

"What was that about?" she asked as they approached his car.

"I don't like how they look at you," he replied expressionless, "now get in."

———
not edited