Love Made Me Do It

ellise's pov

"Passengers, please put on your seatbelt we are about to land," a loud voice beamed throughout the plane causing a smile to form on my face turning to Kacey.

"I'm so happy to be home."

"Me too," she agreed, "but i'm going to miss the LA life."

the next day.. 11:03 a.m.

"Ellise," a loud voice shouted causing me to awake from my sleep, "Ellise!"

A groaned in agony as I opened my eyes seeing Kacey standing above me with our house phone in her hands.  I gave her a confused look as I sat up on my bed rubbing my eyes from the tiredness.

"My mom wants to talk to you.  She doesn't believe that we're doing good on our own," Kacey said throwing the phone in my lap.

I shook my head in disbelief before picking up the phone talking to her overly obnoxious mother, just like her.

5 minutes later..

"Yes, we're fine.  Yea.  Tell mom I said hi.  Ok—oh, yea.  Bye," I said hanging up the phone walking out of my bedroom and down the hallway towards Kacey's room.

"Your mom is so annoying," I said throwing the phone on her bed, "can't believe I had to wake up for that shit."

"Yeah well i'm not trustworthy so..."

"Apparently," I muttered sitting down at the edge of her bed, "I really have to start writing again.  I've been slacking lately."

"About that...," Kacey started as she shifted towards me, "have you spoken to Diego?"

"Fuck no."

"Why not?"

"I have no reason to."

"But he didn't really do anything," Kacey argued, "Steven has been messaging me non stop since we left, Diego complaining about how you won't respond to any of his messages."

"Yeah cause I blocked him—duh," I laughed putting my hair up in a pony tail.

"Why would yo—,"

"Look," I stated removing myself from her bed, "I shouldn't have to justify why I do things.  It's what i felt was right, so I did it.  Leave it alone."

"Alright," Kacey replied looking down at her lap.

I didn't really see why all of this mattered.  She could still see Steven whenever she wanted if that's why she's upset about me disconnecting from Diego.  That shouldn't stop her from being around them.

later that day.. 4:45 p.m.

"Ellise!" I heard Kacey yell as her footsteps came running down the hallway, "Ellise!"

I swear this girl never leaves me alone.

"Yes?" I groaned out in annoyance turning away from my piano and journal resting on top of it.

I could tell I scared her a bit because she backed away from my doorframe with her arms crossed against her chest.

"You busy?"