You Left

diego's pov      

"So you shouldn't tease me," I smiled sliding into the bed beside her, "That's mean."

"Well maybe I like being mean," she said smoothly laying her head black against the pillows, "goodnight Diego."

"Night my love."

next morning @@ 9:09 a.m.

I was woken from my sleep from a couple of laughs coming from outside of my bedroom door.  As i looked to my left, I noticed Lisey wasn't beside me, so i figured she was one of the voices that I had heard.

A sat up opening my eyes more due to the blurriness from me waking up. I stretch out my arms before throwing on a hoodie after noticing I was only in my boxers.

I swung my door opening before lazily trailing down the hallway noticing a familiar face watching as I approached the huddle of people.

My eyes became wide as I came to my senses backing up a little bit before my eyes quickly found Lisey's as she gave me a saddened look, defusing to meet my eyes.

"J-Jessica," I stuttered before walking over to Lisey wrapping my arm around her lower waist, "W-what.. what a-are you doing here?"

I felt Steven's and Kacey's eyes on me after noticing they were in the same room as us.  The tension filled the space as my mind became total blank.

"I.. I came to see you, Diego," she smiled as she started walking towards Lisey and I, "I missed you... I didn't know you had a... girlfriend already."

"I-I," I began to stutter looking down at the ground, "I didn't think you'd be here.. t-this is unexpected."

Jessica and I dated for a few years, but broke up a few months back because the feelings weren't mutual anymore.  She seemed to still be head over heels for me while I lost all feelings.  Sounds harsh, but it was true. I never thought i'd see her again after our break up.

"I.. didn't think you'd have a girlfriend already."

"Jess, it's been a few months," I explained attempting to defend myself, but in this situation saying anything would probably be the wrong move to make.

My grip around Lisey's waist tighten before I felt her push my hand off of her walking towards the small white couch a few feet away from us. 

Steven and Kacey moved along with her taking a seat beside them. 

"Yeah but," she started, "you could have like.. told me you moved on."

"I've been moved on for over a year now," I explained raising my hands up, "we broke up because the feelings weren't the same."

"You couldn't have been serious about that."

"I was.  I don't see why you're trying to come back into my life now.. i'm happy..finally."

I looked over at Lisey as she twisted the strings of her hoodie in between her fingers before a voice not directed towards me snapped me out of my trance.

"Ellise," Jessica said turning her head over in my girl's direction, "not to like.. make you feel some type of way or anything... but.. you may think Diego loves you and shit.. but he will leave you soon.. i mean..," she turned her head back towards me, "how many girlfriends have you had since we broke up?"