Family

Jason's pov

I woke up the next day, conflicted, thinking about Anthony and Claire. I want to give her the opportunity to meet them if she wants to but... How would Tim take it? I go downstairs where I hear the family in the kitchen. "I'm going to run a few errands. I'll be back in a few hours." I say, walking in and grabbing a power bar for breakfast. "But dad we were gonna go to uncle Tyler's to go hunting!" Todd protests. "We will son. We've got all day. I won't be gone long." I head to Tim's house. He was watching the TV in the living room. "Hey, what's up?" "I've got... I've been thinking on this for a while and I think we should see if Miranda wants to meet her birth parents." "What? Why?" "She didn't really get a choice in the matter since she was unconscious the whole time plus he kinda saved her life." He looks worried. "I don't know." He says, standing up after clicking the TV off. "What... What if she likes him more?" "What? Dude why would you think that?" "He saved her when... When I couldn't." "You'll always be her dad. You know that." He sighs and smiles. "OK let's do it."

*A few days later*

"I'm nervous." Miranda mumbles, holding tight to my arm. "What if they don't like me?" I smile. "Of course they like you. What's not to like?" She looks up at me with a worried frown. "Don't worry babe. I'll be right here." The black Camaro pulls into the drive. "Thanks for coming." I say, shaking Anthony's hand. A guy in his late 20s got out too. Now I'm confused. "So... You're my mom and dad." Miranda says, still clinging to my arm. "Yeah. I know it must be pretty hard for you." He says. "And you don't have to call us mom and dad. We understand." Her mom walks over. "I'm so relieved the people  that adopted you are such kind-hearted wonderful people." She says. My beautiful wife smiles. "Y-Yeah. They're great." The other guy walks over. "Oh Miranda. This is your brother Trevor." "Wow.. I... I have a brother." Trevor waves. "It's great to meet you." "I have to say nobody will ever replace my parents but the more the merrier. My son and daughter have a new set of grandparents and an uncle. So I'm really glad Jason found you guys." I love hearing her talk about our kids. It's awesome. "Hey Todd, Kate. Come outside. There's some folks we want you to meet."

*A few months later*

"Cannonball!" Todd shouts jumping into the pool. Kate gets splashed and glares at her. I can't stop laughing. I pick her up and dry her off. "Now run along Scamp." I say smiling. "Burgers are done!" Tim calls. We gather round the picnic table for a 4th of July BBQ. My parents, my sister. Her parents and sisters. Her other parents and brother. I can't stop smiling. So much love at this table. My eyes land on my perfect beautiful and now healthy wife, holding our two year old and fixing a burger for her, Todd sitting beside them with a bag of chips. "It doesn't get any better than this."

THE END