A Baby

Miranda's pov

I wake up very disoriented and confused. "Jas..... Son...." I mumble groggy. A nurse walks out of the room and comes back with my husband. "What's... Going on?" I mumble. He sits beside me and holds my hand. "You fell unconscious and they had to do a C-section. You okay?" "A little disoriented. Where's the baby?" He bites his lip. "NICU." He whispers looking away. I fight back the tears. She was born two months early. "Is she.... Gonna be okay?" I whimper. He hugs me. "I hope so." A nurse walks in, carrying a baby. "Is that...." Jason smiles while holding me. "Yeah that's our baby girl." He says proudly. The nurse walks over, carrying the sleeping newborn. She hands her to me. "I didn't wanna pick a name without ya." He says, smiling. I hold her, tears in my eyes. "I love her so much." I shakily say. Jason hugs me and the baby. "What should we name her?" I murmur looking up at him. "I dunno yet but I think we should get Todd in here. He's been antsy the last three hours in the waiting room." I laugh softly. "Go get big brother." He smiles and kisses my head. "Love you." "Love you too." A few minutes later, he comes back with Todd. "Wow." He whispers, staring at her. I smile and Jason helps him up. "I love my new baby sister." He says snuggling against me. Jason sits beside us. "What about the name Kate?" He asks. My eyes go wide. "I love it." I say tilting my head up. We share a kiss.

*later*

We were laying down that night. I was still recovering and he obviously stayed in the hospital with me. "It's amazing." He whispers holding me close. "What is?" "How we met by chance." I smile and snuggle into his chest, exhausted. "I love you, Jay." "I'll always love you, baby girl."