Try

Jason's pov

I feel so empty inside. I'm so lost. "I wanna go see mom." Todd says walking into my room. "I'm not going up there right now." I mutter, glaring at the ceiling. "Get up dad! You said we weren't giving up on her!!" I am so not in the mood for this. "I'm calling Luke then! He'll take me up there!" "You don't need to go up there right now." I snap sitting up. "She's not going to remember you!" "So what! That doesn't mean we should abandon her!" He stomps out and I scrunch my eyes frustrated. What does he want me to do?! Pretend nothing is wrong while the girl I love looks at me like I'm a stranger?! I angrily get up anyway and get my boots on. "Don't call Luke. I'll take you up there." I call. I know he'll just be upset when she doesn't know him! But he insists on going up there!

Miranda's pov

Todd walks in my room. I was half asleep, the treatments making me exhausted. "Hey mom." He says sitting in the chair beside the bed. "Hey." It's still weird to be called mom by a child I don't even know. But I don't want to hurt the poor kid again." I'm so cold. "Need anything?" The ten year old asks. I shake my head. He tucks the blanket around me. "Where's your dad?" I ask tiredly. "In the hallway with Kate." "Who?" "My little sister." He says nervously. Oh. I open my eyes again. "Are you okay?" I ask, worried. "I'm just worried about you mama. What... What if you never remember me?" My eyes go wide, my heart pounding faster. "It doesn't matter if I don't remember before. You're still my little boy." I shakily say sitting up.

Jason's pov

Wow. I didn't expect her to say that. I walk in her room, holding Kate's hand. "Hey." She waves. "Hey." "Mama can I read to you?" Todd asks, fishing the book out of his bag. She nods then stares at the book shocked. "I remember... Reading that to you." She whispers. I smile. "See it won't take long to get your memory back." I set Kate on the bed beside her. "Mommy." She says hugging her. She cuddles up beside her and I can't keep a smile off my face. Todd goes to work reading to his mama and sister.

*A few hours later*

Both kids had fallen asleep. I smile and lay Todd on the couch and cover him up. "Is she adopted too?" She whispers. I laugh slightly and shake my head. "In fact, your water broke at a very inconvenient time." "When?" "Two months early at an awards show." "She was born premature?" She asks wide eyed. "Yeah but she was fine. No lasting problems." She looks up from Kate. "I hope you aren't mad. I'm really trying. It's... It's just new to me." "Of course I'm not mad. I'm just glad you're doing better and fighting off that blasted cancer." She sits up and stretches. "I'm... I'm just.... What if I never remember?" She whispers. Worry crosses my face and I hug her. "Even if you don't remember... It doesn't stop me from loving you." "You're so sweet." I smile. "Ya can't keep a good dog down." I say smiling.

Miranda's pov

I start feeling unbearably nauseous. I struggle out of bed. "What's wrong, honey?" I grab the IV pole, weak and dizzy. "Bathroom." I choke out, desperate and panicked. He helps me to the toilet where I throw up. He holds my hair back. I struggle to stand back up and fall into his open arms. "Easy now. I gotcha." He says, holding me up. I'm so weak, dizzy, and tired.

Jason's pov

She sleepily leans against me. I wrap her in my arms and grab hold of her IV pole. "So... Tired." She mumbles, barely awake. "I've gotcha." I say, taking her back to her bed. "I'm.... Glad... We're together." She whispers shocking me. "Y-Yeah me too." I say shocked. She struggled to keep her eyes open. "Even though... I don't remember much?" She looks close to tears. "Of course baby. Just get some sleep." I say smiling. She smiles too. "You'll still be here when I wake up?" I smile and nod. "I'll always be here." "Good." She whispers closing her eyes. She reaches a hand out to me and I hold it. "Goodnight." She whispers, falling asleep quickly her mouth dropping open adorably. "Goodnight sweet girl." I whisper smiling and kissing her forehead.