Chapter 3

Miranda's pov

Where is he taking me? "Daddy doesn't like his little girl datin'." He says, catching me by surprise. I stare at him. "What?" "Your dad was super overprotective." I take a deep breath. "Hey Jason where are we going?" He smiles down at me. "How about ya take a little walk on the wild side." He parks the truck. "Close your eyes." I'm so confused. "Not until you tell me what's going on!" "I can't. It'll ruin the surprise." I sigh and do as told.

Jason's pov

She's gonna flip. I grab her shoulders and walk her over to the edge. It overlooks a valley and at sunset it's the most beautiful thing you'll ever see. "Ok girl, open your eyes. I hear her gasp in surprise. "Oh my gosh, Jason it's.... Beautiful." I smile. "Thought you'd like it." I lay a blanket down and we sit down. "What is this place?" "I dunno. I stumbled upon it when I was huntin'." She rests her hand on the blanket, staring up at the sky with a dreamy eyed look.

Miranda's pov

I feel his hand against mine and seconds later, his fingers laced with mine. I look over at his smiling face. "Ya know.... I've never showed anyone this place but you." "Wow. I must... Be.... Real special." I whisper shocked. "You sure are." He says, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. He leans in close to me about to kiss me but I scoot back. "Wait." "What's wrong?" "I'm... Do you like me?" I ask. "Of course I like you." "Not just for a piece of ass, Jason." He laughs softly. "Sweet girl, you must not know me at all." "Well not really. We only just met." "Being a fan, I figured you'd know I'm not a player." "I'm a fan of your music, not your personal life, Jason." He stares at me wide eyed. "You're the first fangirl I've ever met who didn't know every single little thing about me." I roll my eyes, tired of the talking. "Oh shut up and kiss me cowboy." I say, resting my weight on my elbows. He claims his fought for kiss. I stare up at him breathless. He stares down at me wide eyed. "You're so amazing." He whispers. I smile. "Not too bad yourself, handsome." He smiles and kisses me again.

*the next day*

I get a good morning text from Jason. I message him back good morning then my phone rings. I smile seeing his number. "Hello?" I say, smiling and sitting on the couch. "I was wondering when my tanlegged Juliet would wake up." Aww, already a cute pet name. "Are you busy at all?" I ask, a twinge of flirt in my voice. "Not at the moment dear.... But I'd like to be in the next few minutes." I laugh softly. "Jason," I whisper. "What is it sexy?" My cheeks burn. "Do you want me as bad as I want you?" I shakily say. Silence for like five seconds. "Say you want me." He says. "I want you." I say. "I'll be there." My eyes go wide. "Right now?" I can hear the smile in his voice. "I'm on my way baby girl." I smile hearing that. Five minutes later, my front door opens. I stand up off the couch, he drops a backpack to the ground and crosses the room. He hugs me tight. "I'm here for you." I'm so glad. "Jason.... I... I think I love you." He smiles and kisses me softly on the forehead. "I love you too." He holds both my hands and kisses my knuckles. "I wanted you so bad last night." He whispers. My breath catches in my throat. "Little ol me?" I joke. He laughs softly. "Only you, little girl." He kisses me again, running a hand through my hair. "Say you want me." He says again. "I want you." I say again. "That's all I needed to hear." He says, picking me up. I link my hands behind his head, his hair slightly wet as if he got out of the shower. Oh man, imagining him.... In the shower, water cascading down his body.

*later*

What luck how we met by chance. I wouldn't be laying here with him if it wasn't for wanting to find the CD. "Hey baby," He whispers. "Yeah?" "I reckon ya will say yes... But.... Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" "Yes." I say, smiling. He smiles too, his index finger and middle finger caressing right under my ear. It makes me shiver. "You like that?" "Yes." I whisper, closing my eyes. The wonderful moment is shattered by my phone ringing. I almost scream in surprise. Jason chuckles and hands me my phone. "It's my dad. I gotta take this." I say. "I'll be waiting for you baby." I smile. I walk in the hall and answer my phone. "What's up dad?" "Where are you?" "I'm at home. Why?" "Gracie has a piano recital tomorrow. She asked me to ask if you're coming." "Sure daddy." "Cool. I'll tell her and.... Miranda...." "What's wrong dad?" "Be careful." "Why?" "I know you're with him." My eyes go wide. "And what's so wrong with that?!" I ask slightly annoyed. "Just be careful." He says then hangs up. Well that was weird. I shrug it off and walk back in my room. Jason takes the blanket off and scoots to the edge of the bed. "If we're gonna be together. There's some things you should know about me." I go back to my dad's warning. "What is it, Jason?" He smiles and waves me over. I walk over amd he holds my hand and pulls me onto his lap. "What is it you want to tell me Jason?" "First.... I really like you.... Like no one I've ever known..... And two... I've got something... You should probably know about." "What, Jason? You can tell me anything." I say, facing him, looking in his worried eyes. "I've got a son." "Ok. You look so worried to tell me that." "Well.... Most folks don't like to deal with kids that ain't theirs." I smile. "I ain't most folks. When do I meet your son?" He smiles. "I love you."