Chapter 4

Miranda's pov

I'm going to meet Jason's son Todd today. But first I went to talk to dad. He was writing something. "Dad why'd you say for me to be careful last night?" He looks surprised by the question. "What are you talking about?" "Last night you told me to be careful while I was with Jason." He sighs. "It doesn't matter." I sit down across from his desk annoyed. "Yes it does. Because I want to know." "Why?" "Because!" He sighs deeply. "As you know with me, fathers are very overprotective of their kids. That includes sons." I glance at the door worried. "He's sizing you up." I turn my stare to my father confused out of my mind. "Sizing me up?" "Seeing if you are a good enough mother for his son." That makes sense. "Good father's don't bring random unstaying girls to meet his son. So he won't get attached. If he's a good father, which I believe he is, he wants to make something with you. Which I don't know if you're ready." I am ready. I love him and I'll be a good mother for Todd if that's what Jason wants me to do. I jump in surprise when I get a text.

J: Hey baby I just got out of the studio. Do you want to meet Todd now?

M: Yes Jason! I'm so excited to meet him. I'm at my dad's house tho. On my way back home.

J: :). I'll be there in ten.

M: k. See ya then!

I.head back home, a mix of emotions inside. Excitement, anxiousness, nervousness, worry. What if he doesn't like me? I waited by the door when I heard a truck pull into the drive. I swallow my nerves and wait for the door to open.

Jason's pov

I get my four year old son Todd out of my truck. "Where are we daddy?" I'm so nervous about this. What if it doesn't work out? I don't want him to get attached. "We're gonna meet a friend of mine." I say, walking to the door. I open it. I think she's as nervous as I am. "Who's she?" He asks pointing. "Todd this is Miranda, my girlfriend." He waves shyly. I smile and we sit on the couch.

*later*

Miranda's pov

Todd was coloring while me and Jason talked. Jason had his hands in his pockets. "So what do ya think?" He asks shakily. "He's a sweet remarkable little boy." He smiles. "I'm glad you like him." "Of course. Why wouldn't I? He's a sweetheart." He glances at him. "I've always been worried about dating. I don't want to bring someone home and it not work out. He's cried about it before." Poor kid. "Jason, what happened to Todd's mom?" "I don't know actually. I adopted him off the streets when I was overseas for a show in Spain." My eyes go wide. "Wow." That would explain the rare blue hair. He smiles, red faced. "He was near death when I found him and it took a lot for me to get the rights to adopt him." Scratch what I said earlier. This man has got the biggest heart. "Jason, you are a great father." "DAD!" "What's up, bud, no need to yell, I'm right here." "I'm hungry." He smiles. "Well let's go get something to eat. Ya comin'?" I smile and nod. He walks out of the kitchen and waves shyly, hiding behind Jason. I smile and wave. We go out to dinner and Jason puts him to bed on the couch. "I hope this isn't too much for you." "It's not, Jason. Don't worry. I love the idea of having a son." "Baby you don't know how relieved that makes me." I smile and hug him. "Come on, let's go to bed."

*the next day*

Jason's pov

I wake up hearing Todd laughing. Huh? What's going on down there? I rub the sleep from my eyes and walk downstairs. He was sitting at the table laughing while Miranda made breakfast. "Mornin' sleepyhead." My beautiful kindhearted girlfriend says, smiling. Todd turns around. "Hey dad!" He gasps. I sit beside him. "Hey Todd what you up to?" "Mrs. Miranda is making your favorite." He says, pointing. I laugh softly seeing they're making waffles. Todd's right. They are my favorite. I'm so excited. I'm finally settling down with a girl who loves my son like her own. It's so rare to find that. I hug Todd. I'm so glad to finally give him a mother. Like I always promised.