Chapter 14

Jason's pov

Todd was helping Miranda pick out clothes for our little girl on the way. I was hanging with Tim, we were talking about the baby. "Has it sank in that you're gonna be a dad again?" He asks sipping a beer. I smirk and tilt my own back. "Has it sank in yet that you're gonna be a granddad?" I counter ask. He laughs. "Touché." He says, pointing at me. "For real though, I'm beyond stoked. I can't wait to have a daughter. I'm going to spoil her, Todd's gonna be her protective big brother. It's gonna be perfect. I gotta say my life got a million times better when your daughter came into it." "Hm." I raise an eyebrow questioningly. "What?" I ask. "I wonder how it'll feel when your daughter's lover says that." My eyes go wide. "That ain't funny Tim!" I say. Miranda and Todd get home. She's six months pregnant. I'm so excited. She sits beside me, winded. I wrap an arm around her. "You alright?" I ask as Todd climbs into my lap. The six year old probably as excited as I am! "Walking... Is tiring." She says, curling into me and falling asleep in seconds. I smile and kiss her head. "Well I'll get outta y'all's hair." Tim says standing up. "It was great seein' ya again, man." I say. we shake hands. He leaves. I can't believe Tim McGraw, one of the guys I look up to is my damn father in law. "Dad, I'm gonna go make a TV dinner. Ya want anything?" Todd asks, jumping down. I shake my head. "Just be careful. Don't burn yourself." He nods and runs into the kitchen. I scoop up my sexy pregnant wife and take her up to bed. I smile and kiss her forehead. "Thanks for makin' me the happiest man on the planet." I whisper. I go to the nursery. "We still have to decide on a name." I mumble, rubbing my chin in thought. I'm broken from my thoughts when I hear Todd's high pitched scream!! I run to the kitchen screaming his name. He runs out of the kitchen and slams into me wild eyed and terrified. "Todd, what happened?! Are you hurt?!" I cry worriedly inspecting him. "Th-There's a wolf in the kitchen!" He whimpers pointing. I stand up, worried. "Go to my room and lock the door. If mom's awake, tell her what's going on. If not don't wake her." I say. "What are you gonna do?" He gasps, grabbing my leg. "I'm gonna stop the wolf." I say. "Be careful." He says shaking. "Don't worry bud, I'll be fine." I walk into the kitchen and hear a low growling coming from the corner. I withdraw my pistol. I can see the wolf's shadow but not the actual wolf itself. Suddenly it runs out in a gray and white blur and I take aim. "Huh?" I gasp caught off guard. I lower my gun. "This isn't a wolf. It's a Siberian husky." I say to myself. The dog, maybe 5 or 6, barks at me. "Go on! Get!" I shout waving and swatting at it. I don't want to shoot a dog. It could be someone's pet. "Go on. Your owners are probably lookin' for ya." I say chasing it out. I clean the food up and fix Todd another TV dinner. I get him fed and in bed then I crawl into bed beside my girl. "Aww what a day." I whisper sleepily. In her sleep, she put her hand on my chest. I smile and pull her close. "I love my life."