Chapter 8

Miranda's pov

Dad calls me. "Hey dad what's up?" "I don't know. I was worried when Jason ran out looking worried." "We're okay. Todd had an issue but we're fixing it." "Ok." I hang up as the doctor walks in. I nudge Jason awake. "Hey doc." "It's time for his treatments." He bites his lip. "Poor kid, he hates needles." He mumbles. "Dad what's going on?" "Ya gotta get an IV to feel better." He says, holding him in his lap. Instantly the little boy freaks out when the doctor pulls out the IV. "No!!" He cries, struggling to get free. "Calm down buddy. It's alright." The doctor gets the IV in his wrist. "No. Daddy get it out." Poor Jason. "I can't." The doctor leaves. "When can we go home?" "When you're better son." Jason says.

*a few hours later*

Jason's pov

I wish I could make this easier for him. "Hey Todd," Miranda says walking in. "What?" "I brought ya somethin'." She holds up Treasure Planet. "Yeah!" He says, trying to sit up. And for the next three hours, we read Treasure Planet until it was finished. "One day, I'm gonna find treasure planet." He whispers. We look at each other and smile. Just like in the book. I can tell we're thinking the same thing.
He falls asleep a few minutes later.

Miranda's pov

We walk out into the hall. He holds my hands. "Thanks for today. You made this so much easier." "I'm just glad he's okay. I was so worried." "Where'd you learn to do all that?" I blush. "Well I used to work at st. Jude's. I helped keep the kids' spirits up." "Wow." I smile.

*a few weeks later*

Todd comes inside from playing with Tanner. I set dinner on the table. "Where's dad?" "Talking to Jenny." I say.

Jason's pov

Jenny and I were talking when Miranda called me for dinner. "You and Tanner wanna join us?" "We can't Gregory is coming home today." "Cool. Tell him I said hey." "Will do." After they leave, I go to the dining room. "Who's Gregory?" "Jenny's husband. He's been serving overseas for a while now."

*the next day*

I was at the studio when Miranda texted me. I replied with okay baby but it autocorrected to Abby! "Oh man, here we go." I mutter, slapping my forehead. Seconds later....

M: who's Abby?!

J: autocorrect. I said baby but it autocorrected to Abby.

M: oh lol. Ok.

Wow. Most girls get mad when that happens. Man that girl is a God sent blessing. I've never been happier. "She's amazing." "Who?" Mike asks walking in. "My girlfriend. Man she's my saving grace." "Man you really like this girl don't you?" "I don't just like her, Mike. I love her. She's the girl of my dreams and a perfect mother for my son. Todd loves her and calls her mom!" "Dang!" He gasps shocked. "You my friend have found yourself a keeper." Mike says, patting my shoulder. "Not just a keeper. I found me a wife and mother." His eyes go wide. "You're gonna ask her?" I smile and nod. "She's my dream girl, man. The sooner I ask her, the happier we'll both be."

Miranda's pov

My hands freeze at my sides. Oh my gosh! Jason wants to ask me to marry me! I open the door. Both boys freeze and I pretend not to know. "Hey guys what's new?" I ask. They exchange glances. "N-Nothin'. Almost done with the album." Mike says, nervously. I smile and walk over.

Jason's pov

I hope she didn't hear what we were talking about. "Where's Todd?" "Jenny's babysitting so we can have a romantic evening." She says resting a hand on my chest. My eyes go wide and instinctively my hands rest on her hips. I smile gladly. "Baby have I told you today how much I love you?" I ask sweeping her off her feet, her arms wrapping around my neck. She laughs. "Only every day, Jay." "Well make that twice baby." "Don't ya mean Abby?" Me and Mike both laugh hysterically. "Golly girl you're a riot. Let's get outta here."