Chapter 1

Jason's pov

I was driving to Walmart to get the newest Alabama album. Just hit stores last night. I would've gone then if I didn't have a concert. I put a ball cap on and walk in, headed straight for the CD section.

Miranda's pov

"Southern drawl. Southern drawl." I mumble, looking through the many CDs to find it. My hands already filled with CDs that I found and liked. A guy walks over searching too. I glance up at him and nearly drop my CDs. Jason Aldean is standing beside me! I swallow my nerves and fangirlness. I clear my throat. "I bet you're looking for Southern Drawl aren't ya?" I ask nervously. He glances down at me and nods. "I've been here for the last two hours searching. I don't think our Walmart has stocked it yet." I say, setting all the CDs I picked in my cart. "Damn that sucks." He says. "I know." "You've got a lot of CDs there." I blush. "You think that's a lot. You should see my briefcase." I say with a light laugh.

Jason's pov

Briefcase? "Uh.... What do ya mean briefcase?" "Oh I've got this briefcase that holds all the CDs I've bought. I've got almost four hundred dollars invested in it. The newest having been your new album." I smile. She's a fan. "Here lemme pay for these and I can show you." "Ok." After she checks out, we go to her truck and she pulls out like she said a briefcase and lemme say she wasn't kidding that thing's full of CDs. She has every one I ever recorded. And every one Alabama did! "Wow you're a big fan aren't ya?" "The biggest. Ya wanna carpool to the Walmart in Knoxville to try and find Southern Drawl?" "Yeah sure. But we're taking my truck." She smiles. "Ok." "And by the way I'm the biggest Alabama fan!" She laughs. So do I. "Do you have every CD?" She asks. I smile. "Yep and every vinyl record." Her eyes go wide. "Wow I don't have vinyl." "Told ya I'm the biggest fan." "No I am. I've met them at every concert I went to!" I laugh. "Well I've played with them!" "Damn ya got me beat." We both laugh. Then I'm stopped at a red light. "Man I hope Knoxville has it." "I know. I don't know why Nashville didn't. How long ya lived in Nashville?" "I was born here." I glance over at her surprised. "Really?" She nods. "Oh you probably don't know. Dad didn't want me in the media so he kept me a secret from fans and stuff." Fans? "Who are you?" "Oh I never properly introduced myself. Do you just invite nameless girls into your truck, Mr. Aldean?" She says, with a smirk. "My name is Miranda McGraw. Tim McGraw's daughter. But you can't tell anyone!" "I won't. I sure didn't expect it though." We pull up at the Knoxville Walmart. "We're gonna find that CD!" She says excited. Alabama bringing people together since the fifties.

Miranda's pov

We get to the CD section and a few minutes later, Jason yanks up a CD! "Yes!" I smile. "Nice." I keep searching for my own copy but it looks like that was the only one.

Jason's pov

Looks like I got the only one. Hm. I glance at her. "Here." I say, handing it to her. "Really? But you... This is yours!" I smile. "Don't worry I'll find one later." "Thanks." I'm surprised Tim didn't tell the world about her but everyone knows about their other daughters, Audrey, Gracie, and Maggie. I was thinking about it as we listened to the new Alabama CD. "Hey Miranda, why'd they keep you a secret but not your sisters?" "Um.... Well I have a confession." Huh? "I'm.... I'm adopted." "Oh. "Oh Ok. I didn't expect that either." "I guess.... I'm full of surprises." I drop her off at her truck and she waves and heads home. She's very mysterious.