Tired?

Miranda's pov

I finally get Kate to go to sleep and tiredly drag my butt to my room. Jason was watching TV. "Babe you look exhausted." He says. "I am." I say, crawling into bed beside him. "You shoulda told me. I woulda taken over." I shake my head and curl up against his side, already falling asleep. "You've got.... To get up early... For the interview." I mumble sleepily. He runs a hand through my hair, making me smile. "I'd have been fine, baby." He says. I drift off to sleep.

Jason's pov

Hm, I think I'm gonna take the kids with me to the interview. Give her some relaxation time, plus the fans'll probably love it, seeing Kate up close. She was snoring against my side which made me laugh slightly. I turn her on her back so she doesn't snore then I cover her with the blanket. "You're too cute." I say shaking my head with a smile. I click the TV off and go to sleep myself.

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

I wake up, still groggy and tired. Why am I so tired? I slept like a rock last night. I'm surprised Kate isn't up yet! I glance at the clock knowing Jason is at his interview. I walk down to the nursery and my stomach drops. My baby is gone! "Todd!" I scream, running out of the bedroom. Both my babies are gone! I start to panic then find a piece of paper taped to the phone in the living room. I pull it off and breathe a relieved sigh. "Jeez put it in the bedroom next time Jay. I almost had a heart attack." I whisper to myself. I grab a banana and eat that then I go back to bed.

Jason's pov

I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch after my interview. I wonder how Miranda's doing. She was completely dead to the world when I woke up this morning. Todd was playing with the toy he got in his kid's meal. "Todd did ya finish eating?" He nods. "Thanks for taking us to McDonalds, dad." I smile. "No problem kiddo." I pat his head and put the bottle I was feeding Kate back in the diaper bag. "I gotta change your sister so come with me, son." "I'll be fine daddy." He says, still playing with the toy. "I won't leave." "Todd it isn't you I'm worried about runnin' off." I say, standing up. "But-" "No buts. Now come on." I head to the bathroom with Todd in tow and lay my little princess on the changing table. "Daddy, do you trust me?" Trust him? "What do you mean buddy?" "I'm seven years old now. Why don't you trust me at the table?" I sigh and shake my head. I bend down to his eye level. "It ain't you I don't trust little man. It's other people. I don't wanna lose you, Todd." "I'll kick their butts!" He says, making me smile. "I know you would son." I finish changing Kate and we head for home. "Can we go hunting this weekend daddy?" "I'm not sure. We'll see." I put Kate in her crib for her nap and walk to my room to change. I'm surprised to see Miranda still in bed. "Babe?" I gape closing the door. She doesn't stir. "Miranda?" I say sitting beside her and putting a hand on her back. She mumbles something but doesn't wake up. "Have you been asleep all day?" "Huh... I don't... Like pickles in my sundae." She mumbles, making me laugh. "What's got you so dog tired, baby girl?" I say smiling. I shrug and just let her sleep. Todd was watching cartoons. I grabbed a beer. "I'll be upstairs if ya need me." I say. "OK dad." I head back upstairs and lay beside Miranda who by the way is still asleep I turn on the TV and family feud was on. Hm. I bet it'd be funny if we went on that show. Although we'd go on celebrity family feud. I shrug and channel surf for a while til she finally wakes up. "Have you been asleep all day?" "Huh? No. I panicked, not knowing where the kids were until I found your note." She says, still looking tired. "What's on TV?" "Nothing worth watching." I say, staring at her worried. I've got such a bad feeling in my gut. "Babe are you feeling alright?" She nods. "Ya know, Jay. It's a rarity to find someone who truly completes you. I'm so lucky we met." I smile. "Me too." "I could tell you everything. Any deep dark secret I ever had. I'm not afraid to." OK? "You don't have any deep dark secrets do you?" "No. I'm just saying if I had one, I wouldn't be afraid to tell you anything. It's hard to find someone as perfect." "That's why when ya got that special someone, ya never let go." I say hugging her to my chest. I kissed her forehead and she snuggled into my chest. I was rubbing her back while we watched TV. When I felt something odd. I sit up. "Babe turn around." "Why?" She asks, looking at me confused. "Just do it." I say equally confused. She turns around and lift her shirt up. "Jason, what's-" "How'd you get this bruise on your back?" "What bruise?" "There's a long bruise down your spine." I say. "Huh? I didn't know it was there." I push on it. "Does it hurt?" "No... In fact.... Jason... Are you still touching my back?" "Yeah." I say slowly, worry creeping into me. "I can't feel it." She says, her voice shaky. She's clearly worried too. "Miranda I think we should take you to the doctor's. Get this checked out." She goes stiff, worried. "Jason..." "It's gonna be okay, baby. We're probably just paranoid." She stands up and looks at it in the mirror, her eyes opening wide in surprise. "What the hell?" I stand up, worried. "Come on honey, we got two kids to get ready." "I'll call dad." She mumbles. "He'll watch them." I nod as she dials the number. "What if it's something bad, Jay." She whispers shakily, staring at me. I don't know what to say. She gets her dad to come over. I hold her hands. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." The way that bruise is, it's her whole spine and nothing else. I've seen it one time before. My cousin Anna. And it ended up being cancer. Bone cancer. She died three months later. I hope and pray that isn't this.