Chapter 12

*a few months later*

Miranda's pov

I was brushing through Todd's gorgeous blue hair. "Is daddy gonna make it to the play?" "Of course baby boy." I say, smiling and fixing his shirt collar. I turn him around and put his newsboy hat on. Todd's in a school play where he's a delivery boy. I'm 5 months pregnant now. Jason pulled into the drive and Todd rushed out to meet him. I laugh softly to myself.

Jason's pov

What's he dressed up like that for? "Hey little dude, you look super cool!" I say, trying to hide my confusion. He runs to my truck and I help him in. "What's going on?" I whisper, walking over to Miranda. Her eyes go wide. "You forgot?" "Forgot what?" "He's in a school play! You're gonna go right!" I had a fishing trip planned with the guys but I can cancel. "Yeah sure. Lemme just change." I head inside and call Luke. "Hey bro, I can't go fishing. Todd's got a school play I forgot about." "It's cool man. I'll call the guys. Record it for me." I smile. "I will." I change into more appropriate clothes and hop in my truck. I grab my shades out of the cup holder. "You gonna be a star little man?" I ask, smiling. He nods. "I've got the lead role! I'm so excited!" I smile and we get to the school where he does his play. I record the whole thing for Luke. "He's a natural up there." I whisper smiling proudly. "I love that little boy." She says. I smile down at her. "Me too."

*a few weeks later*

"I wish I knew what we were having." I mumble, throwing a dart at my dartboard while talking to Luke who was relaxing in a corner of the garage in a lawn chair. "But she wants us to be surprised." "I never understood that. I mean... Then you've gotta do all the shopping last minute since ya don't know which color to get." I nod in agreement. "Oh well." I say, shrugging. "Only a few more months man." I say, excited. "How's junior taking it?" "He can't wait! And why'd you call Todd junior?" "Dude, Todd's exactly like you in personality. He's a natural onstage. He's smart and compassionate. He's got a great personality. You're really good at raising kids." I smile, red creeping into my cheeks. Luke laughs. "Aw are you blushing?" He gasps teasingly. "Stop it." I say, tossing another dart. The garage door opens and my dad walks in. Huh? "D-Dad?" I gape caught off guard. "Why didn't ya tell me you were dropping by?" "Surprise!" He exclaims. I roll my eyes with a smile. "How's everything going? Am I getting another rough and tumble grandson or a sweetheart granddaughter?" I smile embarrassed." "I dunno dad. The wife wants it to be a surprise." I say, putting my darts away. "Would you like to stay for dinner? Miranda makes a mean eggplant Parmesan." He laughs. "I'd love to. Where's Todd?" "With Miranda. They went to the store to pick up stuff for dinner." Luke stood up and folded the chair up. "Caroline just texted me asking me to come take Bo to soccer practice. I'll see y'all around. It was nice seein' ya again, Mr. Williams." He shakes my dad's hand. "You too, Luke." He heads home and we go inside. "Want a beer, dad?" "Nah I'm good. Tryin' to cut back." I laugh softly and open my beer. "I'm so excited to have another little rugrat." I whisper to myself but my dad overhears. He pats my shoulder and smiles. "Fatherhood is the best." "You said it."