Lots Of Waiting

Jason's pov

I got Todd ready for school. Kate was still asleep. I'm thinking of waking her up to go to the hospital. We were waiting for the bus. "When's mama gonna come home?" He asks, watching out the window. "As soon as she's better buddy." "But... What if she doesn't get better?" "Just like I tell her. Stay positive. So far she's fighting it pretty well." I hug him. "Don't worry too much, Todd. She's gonna be alright." The bus pulls around. "OK. See ya!" I sigh worried. I go upstairs to check on Kate. Man she's so cute, sound asleep. I sit beside her crib and watch her sleep, making me think of the Alabama song. Our song. "You will be here baby." I whisper, standing back up.

*Later*

I get up to the hospital and am confused seeing Tim and Faith in H-He waiting room. Tim looks pissed and Faith looks worried. "What's going on?" "They won't let anyone back there and they won't tell us shit!" "What?! Why?! Is she okay?!" "We don't know!" He stands up and walks to the counter. "I demand to see my daughter!" He shouts. "I've already told you, you can't! The next outburst like that and I'm gonna send you out!" "Why can't we see her?" I gasp shakily walking over there. "I'm not sure sir. Her doctor just told me no visitors." I grit my teeth in frustration. "Well don't you think you should go find out!?" She glares at me. "I'm doing everything I can!" "Bullshit!" Tim shouts angrily. "You agent tried to find out?! That's my daughter!!" She gives him a stern look and I pull him back. "Careful. You're gonna get kicked out. Then we won't know nothing!" I see where he's coming from. That's like if Kate got sick and they wouldn't let me back there. Kate starts crying so I rock her and sit down. What do we do?! What happened?! What's wrong with her?! There's so many unanswered questions swirling around my brain. "That bitch just doesn't care cause it isn't her family member." Tim says crossing his arms. Kate fell back asleep so I put her in her stroller.

*Later*

I was pacing the room, frustrated. I've been sitting here for five hours with zero answers! What is going on with the girl I love?! My phone rings. "Hello?" "This is Todd's father right?" "Yeah. What's up?" "Your son had a panic attack at school. He's pretty upset." Oh man. "I'm coming to get him then. He's worried about his mom." I get off the phone. "Hey guys can y'all watch Kate for me. I gotta go pick up Todd." "What's wrong?" "He had a panic attack in school today." "Oh poor guy." Faith says. I wave and head to the school. Todd was crying in the office. I dread him asking how she's doing! Since here's something going on that we don't know about. I walk in worried. "Hey buddy." His head snaps up. "How's mama doing?!" He cries shaking. I sit beside him. "We... She's still in the hospital." "I'm so scared." I hug the poor boy. "Me too, Todd." I bring him back to the hospital and to my surprise they aren't still in the waiting room. Me and Todd go to her room. Tim was waiting for me outside. I sent Todd in. "She got an infection due to that incident the other day." Shit. "That's why we weren't allowed back?" He bites his lip. "She..... She's in a coma Jase." My hands tense up. "A c-coma?!" He nods. "Her body is having a hard time fighting the infection and cancer!" He says, worrying me. I shakily walk in worried. Todd was crying with Faith hugging him. She isn't moving. I'm so freaking scared. "B-Baby?" I whisper shakily, walking to the bed. "I should've been here. Dammit! I should've been here!!" "There's nothing you could've done!" Tim says, a hand on my shoulder. Kate starts crying. I'm so shaken I don't even notice til Tim was rocking her. I terrifiedly hold my little girl who if her mama dies, she won't remember her. "Please don't take her away from me." I pray in a whisper. "We need her. My kids need her. Don't take her away from me." I glance at my father in law. "Ya know this reminds me of that song. Don't take the girl." He smiles sadly. "Exactly like that song." She's gotta be okay. I can't do this on my own!!