Chapter 11

Miranda's pov

Jason had some shows in town to do so I was keeping an eye on Todd. He and Tanner were having a sleepover. "When's daddy coming home?" "Tomorrow buddy. He'll be here when you wake up." I built a blanket fort for the boys and they were talking quietly as if in secret. "Can I join you boys?" "No girls allowed!" Tanner Cries but Todd says yes. I smile and hug him. "Eww cooties! Tanner cries, both boys laughing. I read them a bedtime story.

Jason's pov

*later that night*

I get home after the show and I'm exhausted. I wanna go to bed with my beautiful wonderful girl. There's a giant blanket fort in the living room. I smile and tiredly look in. Huh? Todd, you sneak. You're movin' in on my girl. Miranda was asleep in the fort with the boys. I smile softly and crash upstairs, exhausted.

*the next day*

I wake up, feeling someone kiss me. My eyes get big and my hands wrap around her. "Wake up sleepy head." She whispers. I smile. "I'm awake now." I kiss her again. "What a way to wake up." "Thought you'd like that." "I also love how amazing you are with Todd. You're the perfect wife and mother." "Oh gosh, Jay!" She gasps, blushing. I smile. "God you're cute." I say, smiling at her adorable blushing face. "You make me so happy, Jason." I hug her tight. My phone rings. It's Tim. She gets this giddy smile. "What're you up to?" I ask suspiciously. "Nothing?" She says guiltily. I swipe answer. "Hey Tim, your daughter's being odd." I say. She laughs and swats my arm. I laugh and so does Tim. "That's cause I told her while you were still asleep. It's cause she knows something you don't." "Knows.... What?" "I'm guessing you weren't up before ten right?" I shake my head. "Course not. I didn't get in til well after midnight from playin' all those shows around Nashville for the upcoming awards." He's quiet for a few seconds. "Check the nominees." Ok? "I will... I guess." I say, confused by everyone's odd behavior. I get off the phone and look up the nominees. My eyes go wide in surprise. I'm up for male vocalist, album of the year, song of the year, and entertainer! "Holy! Damn I'm up for a lot of awards!" "I know! Isn't it great!" "Yeah." I say, smiling. "I put my heart and soul into this record. I hope it wins. Not to mention the coveted entertainer award." She kisses me again. "I love you, Jason." She whispers. I drop my phone in surprise. "I love you too baby girl. Where's Todd?" "Jenny took him and Tanner out for ice cream." I smile. "In that case-" "Wait." Huh? "Jason I have to ask you something important." She's suddenly super serious. "What is it baby?" "What would you say if I ever wound up pregnant." My eyes go wide. I sit up. "Wait are you?!?" "I'm not answering that til you tell me if you'd be happy or upset." She's worried I'd be mad! No! "Of course I'd be happy baby! That'd be awesome!!" "Really!!" She cries, excited. I nod. "Well I am pregnant!" "Oh baby! This is the best I love you so much!" "I love you too!" I'm so excited to tell Todd.

*later*

Jenny drops Todd off. "We've got some good news." I say, scooping him up. I take him to the kitchen. "Mommy is going to have a baby! You're gonna be a big brother!" "I am?!?" He gasps shocked. I smile and nod. Miranda poured a cup of juice for him. "Are you happy, Todd?" She asks, worried. "Totally! I'll have a brother like Tanner! Me and Miranda look at each other worried. "Or you could have a sister." I say slowly. He shrugs. "Yeah either one! Still! I'm gonna be a big brother. Phew. I smile. "I love you, son." "I love you too dad!"