Chapter 9

Jason's pov

"No runnin'in the house boys!" I call. Todd and Tanner apparently were playing spies and were 'stalking' me. I roll my eyes and walk in the kitchen where Kasi, mom, my amazing girlfriend, and Caroline were working on thanksgiving dinner. They were really busy and were all running around doing stuff. "Hey Jason can you call my mom and dad and see where they are?" "Uh yeah." I back out of the kitchen wide eyed. Note to self do not walk into the kitchen on thanksgiving. I pull out my phone to call Tim when my crazy son jumps off the back of the couch coming right at me.

Miranda's pov

I hear a crash in the living room. I peek my head out and Jason looked dizzy with Todd sitting on him. "Caught bucko." He mumbles, closing his eyes. I laugh softly and walk out, picking Todd up. "Give your daddy a break, you little rascal." I hand him over to Jason's mom. "Hey Jason, wake up." "I'm awake." He mumbles, eyes still closed. I roll my eyes and call dad. "How far away are you?" "About twenty minutes. Lots of traffic, honey." "Ok daddy. I can't wait for you and mom to get here. Thanksgiving just isn't the same without you." "Oh what happened?" Jason groans from the floor. I get off the phone and squat in front of him. "You got jumped by a four year old." He stares at me confused. "I what?" He gapes. "Todd jumped off the couch onto you." He rolls his eyes and sits up. "I told that boy a million times-" I cut his sentence short with a kiss, resting my hands on his shoulders. "What was... That for?" He whispers. "Happy thanksgiving Jason, I love you." I help him stand up. He smiles softly. "I love you too."

Caroline's pov

Kasi and Jason's mom were crowded around the doorway. "What's going on?" I ask, setting the timer. "Come quick, Caroline." Kasi whispers. "What's up?" I ask, walking over. They were talking. He looks nervous. Todd was trying to ask us what was going on but we were watching the scene play out. "Jason, are you okay?" She asks, touching his head. He winces and laughs softly. He grabs her hand. "I'm fine, sweetheart. Are your mom and-" He's cut off when the door opens, revealing Tim and Faith. I am so confused. What are they doing here? "Hey mom, hey dad!" She says, waving to them. Me and Kasi exchange looks. "Wow." Kasi says smiling. None of us knew that she was Tim's daughter. Jason smiles, his hands in his pockets. What's about to happen? The timer beeps.

Jason's pov

I glance to the kitchen when I hear the timer beep. I roll my eyes, seeing Kasi and Caroline in the doorway. "Knock it off." I whisper. They laugh and walk back in the kitchen.

Miranda's pov

Jason grabs my hand. "Hey baby, I wanna ask you something." "What?" He holds both my hands. My eyes go wide in realization. "Jason, I-" "Will you marry me?" I fight back the tears. "Oh Jason!" I see my mom on the verge of tears too. I hug him tight. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." I whisper. He smiles and hugs me. "I was worried you'd think it was too soon but I know you're perfect-" "Jason, shut up and kiss me." I gasp laughing and grabbing his shoulders. He laughs softly and sweeps me off my feet. "Happy thanksgiving baby." I smile. "Happy thanksgiving." I whisper, meeting his lips with a kiss. All around us, the family cheers. Todd jumps down and runs over. Jason laughs and scoops him up. "I love you guys." He says, hugging us both.