A Grave Warning

Jason's pov

I worriedly sit beside my comatose wife's bed, holding her lifeless hand. This is killing me, seeing her like this. "You've got to be okay." I whisper. "You're the only mom Todd has ever known." The doctor walks in. He changes the IV bag. "What's gonna happen?" "It's all a waiting game right now. If she fights the infection, we've got to think about a bone marrow transplant to help fight the cancer." Bone marrow transplant?! "Nobody told me she'd have to get that done!" "She wasn't supposed to but the infection has left her body too weak to fight the cancer cells and they're multiplying fast. I stare at him shocked. "So... P-Pretty much we're back at the beginning!" He nods then leaves. "You have to fight Miranda. If you can hear me..... You have to fight!"

*A few weeks later*

Miranda's pov

I groggily wake up, exhausted. I hear someone snapping their fingers but it's too blurry to make anything out. I hear someone say to go get a doctor. I try to turn on my side, my stomach hurting but a strong hand holds me in place. "Stay still." The same voice says. "Who?" I mumble, trying to focus. "Open your eyes for me, sweetheart." I hear the garbled voice and everything comes back to me. "Jason?" I whisper, trying to focus. He holds my hand. "Yeah baby it's me." The doctor walks over as my vision starts to clear. "We've got to test your bone marrow to find a proper donor." He says, holding one of the biggest needles I've ever seen in my life! I sit up shaking and back away. "N-No k-keep that th-thing away from me!" I cry panicked. Jason hugs me, holding me in place. "You've got to honey." "No! I can't. Please!! I can't!" I beg shaking and terrified. He holds me tight to where I can't escape and the doctor stabs the needle into my arm. I scream in pain. "Let go of me!" I scream beggingly. "Owww!!! Stop!!!!" It felt like an eternity before he pulled that needle out of my arm. "Shh. It's okay." I cry hard then slowly fall asleep.

*Later*

Jason's pov

"I am afraid none of you are proper matches." My heart stops. "B-But what do we do?" "We don't know. Usually the parents are almost always matches." He says worried. Tim stands up shaking and terrified. "Sh-She.... She's adopted." His eyes go wide. "Sir, you need to find her birth parents. That's the only way we can save her life." Horror fills me. Todd starts crying. Along with Faith. I shakily sit down, not knowing what to do. "B-But how.... It... It was a closed adoption. I don't even know their names!" "Well you'll have to figure it out. Without bone marrow from a biological relative, she will die." And that final sentence pushed me over the edge. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. It's so absolute, so final. She will die if we can't find her birth parents.