Sorry It's So Short

Jason's pov

The doctor finally has some news for us. "The surgery was a success." He says sending relief through me. "Is she awake?" He shakes his head. "I'm afraid... I have some bad news." Shit. "While searching for a donor the cancer has gotten worse. The transplant should help but... It's going to be a long recovery. We aren't even sure what she'll be like when she wakes up." "W-What do you mean... What she'll be like." "The cancer has attacked her brain so we don't know, if anything, what will happen when she wakes up." I'm so freaking scared. We go into her room and he sticks something in her IV. A few seconds later, she groggily wakes up, groaning. "What's.... Where am I?" She mumbles, blinking. I shakily sit beside her. "Hey honey. You got a bone marrow transplant. You're gonna get better now." "Get better? From what?" She mumbles groggily, squinting. "And.... Who are you?" No. I stand up lightning quick. "W-W-What?" I choke out shocked. "Whats going on? Why am I in the hospital?" The cancer... Has caused memory loss. She.... Doesn't know who I am. The doctor tries to explain it to her and I can't even breathe or think. She doesn't remember me. She doesn't remember me. This is the worst day of my life.